update problem not loading

I have bought a new 2gb sd card and cannot seem to upload the updates to my device TNS410, i go update my device then the updates come up for selection i select memory card and press update and install and it cycles and will not update

Any ideas please

edit the updates i want to put on are within the limits of the available space

Also i bought this sd card off the internet, is this becuase its not a tomtom sd card ???

Last edited:
It's possible that you've got one of the many bogus SD cards that float about on the internet. Any chance that this one came from eBay?

If you have a card reader on your PC, you need to plug that card in, assure that it is formatted for FAT32, and find out what its real capacity is.

I got the updates to load on the SD card, had a small problem at the end which said "Error western_europe\mapsettings.cfg this file does not exist"
but it seems it loaded OK to the SD card and comes up on the tomtom with western Europe maps, but the UK map has disappeared ? but must be part of the western Europe now. the SD card I formated to make sure all was well there before I did the update.
What made it work was to update the 2 small map updates to the tomtom itself and then update the sd card with the western Europe map
hope this helps others

Based upon the post that describes your successful solution, would it be right to say that the original "edit the updates i want to put on are within the limits of the available space" statement turned out to be incorrect?

No the statement was correct, there was enough room on the sd card for all the updates, but it did not like having the map updates on the sd card ??

No the statement was correct, there was enough room on the sd card for all the updates, but it did not like having the map updates on the sd card ??
OK. I think I have it now. You did two small and separate updates directly to the unit, and used each of those in turn to get the SD card updated?

Ask a Question