Upcoming turn audio alert

Hi,
I just got my new TT 730 device. I see that there is no audio alert when we have to make a turn. I had a Magellan earlier on and it sounds like bell when I approach the relevant turn. This speaks the text of the street but there is no audio alert for upcoming lane turn. Is it possible to configure one manually anywhere in the settings. Please let me know. Thanks

Hi,
I just got my new TT 730 device. I see that there is no audio alert when we have to make a turn. I had a Magellan earlier on and it sounds like bell when I approach the relevant turn. This speaks the text of the street but there is no audio alert for upcoming lane turn. Is it possible to configure one manually anywhere in the settings. Please let me know. Thanks
I do not have my unit in front of me, but under Voice options, you can select the conditions under which warnings of various sorts are enabled (there must be a dozen). You won't get a bell, you'll get a voice warning to turn within a specific distance, and also at the turn itself, if so configured.

Some of us find the warnings a bit TOO busy ... if you get onto a piece of highway with a lot of exit only lanes, there seems to be no way to shut the "keep left" warnings off!

Thanks Canderson for your fast reply. Now I understand what this "keep left" is. I see when I was travelling on NJTP, and I270, it said a couple of times to keep left. I am still not sure what exactly is the "keep Left" is doing? If I am assuming correct, does it mean that its telling to move away from Exit only lane..?

I am still not sure what exactly is the "keep Left" is doing? If I am assuming correct, does it mean that its telling to move away from Exit only lane..?
Yes - it doesn't trust you to avoid zooming off the highway where you shouldn't. What's more annoying, though, is that it this instruction is followed with the advice "Keep to the left lane". That's all well and good providing you don't live in an area that also has "exit-only" left lane exits at some points along the freeways!:eek:

It can start to sound like a forced march after a while --- left, right, left, right ...

Ask a Question