Unsuccessful Backup

I have been trying to back up my SD card to a new Sandisk Ultra II 2.0GB without success. In Windows Explorer I read the original card and sent the contents to a file on my HD. Showing hidden File etc. clicked. I then transferred the files to the new card with a card reader, first without formatting and then formatting (not 32). Both times yellow line gets 3/4 there and then red X. Files do appear when I access the card with Explorer.I read the original files directly from the One. Any solution here?

App:6.56
GPS V1.21
Boot:5.05

I remember a case where a member here was having trouble with the card you mentioned. The member ended up using a different SD card to solve the problem.

Here is the thread - Link

Hi Ribbit,

Please check first that you have a genuine Scandisk Ultra II 2GB card.
There should be a little notch on the other end from where the contacts are, also if viewing the contacts they should be staggered, fakes are usually all linedup & the print of logo. Best to compare with a genuine "known" unit. Fakes (previousely returned one from e-bay) tend to have a lot of faults, control circuits are different and when they do work are so dam slow!

If Card is genuine - ok
On mine I was successful by:

On original card in reader - Explorer with Cntr-A to select all the files, Right click copy & paste into a new folder on the Harddisk.
Remove the orginal card, place the new card in & repeat back.

Worked for mine fantastically - slim with the SIRF chip. If you have the newer internal memory model maybe some one else can advise.

Same Boot etc as mine.
OS I run is Vista but in my case using Home have to start it first then plug in TOMTOM, other people don't have an issue, but mine does as Pedro says whatever works for you.

Hope it helps,

Martin

Ask a Question