TT920 POI general observations (v Garmin)

F22

Just had a chance to really use my 920. We drove from Seattle to the Canmore/Banff area. The routing was pretty straight forward and my friends were duly impressed. I was also able to use the "planning" feature and use Route A-to-B to see variations on routes or plan sub-routes. We hit some more remote areas and for those I had searched on the web and found lat/long and plugged those into creating Favorites at those general locations - TT found them pretty closely.

It found both a McDonalds and Starbucks in Kamloops, its, first real test and it blew my friends away - the route seemed totally lame from observations but it was right on!

POI's were not bad. We needed a headlight bulb and TT found a NAPA Auto store in Canmore and led us directly to it. It also found an ATM or two as we needed them. I also had my Garmin 76cs along and frankly, while as a handheld, it is harder to use some features (limited keyboarding system), it definitely had more POI's and its search was more powerful (although slower).

The Navigate to POI near you is very limited. It only shows about 2 pages of a POI listing. I think this makes it very weak in locating POIs

Ask a Question