TT920 and notebook crash

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
Yesterday I was downloading latest map updates from Tomtom GPS.

The GPS was plugged into USB on my Sony Vaio, model vgnns150. Operating system is Home Premium.

Part way into the download, the screen turned black, it said something about counting down and memory dump. It then re-booted itself and started normally.

After signing into Vista I re-started my download from Tom Tom and the same thing happened again after about 10 minutes into the download.

I have 4gb ram, oodles of room on my HD, and took a look at the system maintenance part in the Control panel in Vista and found nothing serious reporting.

I contacted my notebook manufacturer and they said it was likely an issue with Tom Tom.

Opinions are much appreciated. Thanks.

Yesterday I was downloading latest map updates from Tomtom GPS.

The GPS was plugged into USB on my Sony Vaio, model vgnns150. Operating system is Home Premium.

Part way into the download, the screen turned black, it said something about counting down and memory dump. It then re-booted itself and started normally.

After signing into Vista I re-started my download from Tom Tom and the same thing happened again after about 10 minutes into the download.

I have 4gb ram, oodles of room on my HD, and took a look at the system maintenance part in the Control panel in Vista and found nothing serious reporting.

I contacted my notebook manufacturer and they said it was likely an issue with Tom Tom.

Opinions are much appreciated. Thanks.

Before you do anything rash go to your tom tom folder in My Computer. Right click and go to properties. Then go to the tools tab and click check now. Now put a check in both options and start the repair. See if this helps your problem. Don't forget that you are using vista 64 bit system which might be causing a problem. Vista 32 is what tom tom really likes. Finally when you download the map don't do it wirelessly. have a wired connection for your map download. Some support people say you can do it wirelessly but I spoke to too many people who know better. I have never gotten the same number of bites copied wirelessly vs wired. Do it wired. Good Luck

Last edited:

Ask a Question