TT Plus Services question/issue

I'm trying to use my Verizon cellphone (the V6700 smartphone with PDA/BlueTooth/WiFi/Windows Mobile 5.0) but my TT says that it doesn't support a data connection.

I'm wondering, does anyone know any tricks to getting the TT to realize that my phone *does* support the data connection, or am I stuck until TT makes the necessary updates?

BTW - I'm a new TT user and I have to admit, this is THE coolest device in recent history. I haven't seen such a tweakable, open device ever! If they can get the same people to market for them that market for Apple's IPod, they could have a serious winner here!

Thanks!
J.

I know this probably won't help you, but when I tried to pair my Cingular phone, when I chose Cingular as the provider, it didn't work. I then tried Cingular Medianet (I think that's what it was called) and I had no idea what it meant, but it worked. Is there another choice like that you can try?

This is how I got my Verizon vx8100 to work...

Once your phone has Bluetooth Dial-Up networking enabled you use the following Manual setup for Tom Tom Plus Services:

Access Point name: vzw3g
Username: mobile#@vzw3g.com
Password: vzw
Dialup: Accept Default
use DHCP-auto and DNS-auto
left blank for Logon Script

Wow...my phone must suck. :(

I don't have any of those options. As far as my phone is concerned, the only bluetooth capability I have is handsfree. I even recently installed a PCMCIA Bluetooth card in my laptop. I can't sync using it. In fact, the only thing I can do is transfer (small) files and play music from my phone over my laptop speakers (cuz that's a rockin concert experience!!!)

Anyway...I guess it's time to go to Verizon and see if they have one that actually works with the TT.

Does anyone know of a list somewhere of recommended usable devices?

J.

Your phone must support Dial Up Networking...essentially using the phone as a modem.

On your phone click the "ok" button, enter seven zeros. '0000000', press 4 for data and 6 for BT DUN Mode, ensure BT DUN mode is enabled.

cucco,

It's possible Verizon might have disabled Bluetooth DUN on your device. They are known to do this with many of their PDA/Smartphone devices. If this is the case, I'm sure you might be able to find another website that will provide you with tweaks to get it to work.

Wow...my phone must suck. :(

I don't have any of those options. As far as my phone is concerned, the only bluetooth capability I have is handsfree. I even recently installed a PCMCIA Bluetooth card in my laptop. I can't sync using it. In fact, the only thing I can do is transfer (small) files and play music from my phone over my laptop speakers (cuz that's a rockin concert experience!!!)

Anyway...I guess it's time to go to Verizon and see if they have one that actually works with the TT.

Does anyone know of a list somewhere of recommended usable devices?

J.

Ask a Question