Plus Services Server down ?

GAW

TomTom Model(s)
Since yesterday afternoon, i have not been able to connect with Plus Services through the Bluetooth data connection. I have tried two paired devices that normally worked fine.

I would have thought it was my upgrading from 8.300 to 8.302 - BUT - it all started with 8.300, where it had worked fine earlier. I tried for over an hour, then thought it might be the server, so I proceeded to update the app and do the maps subscription thing. Tried again yesterday evening, and all day today - no connection.

And of course, in TomTom town, when it rains - it pours, so it for the first time ever started to turn itself back on right after getting shut down.

I am not going to delete the connections and try setting them up again, as if it is the server - this gets even more frustrating. I called support 10 minutes ago and asked about the server - he said maybe....

Has anyone else either had problems, or have had no problems today ? Either way, would like to know.

I'm getting a different sort of error, every time I attempt to purchase the items in my Shopping Cart (thru TomTom Home).

The error reads:
Error when contacting server. The payment connection you are using is not secure so unfortunately we cannot process your payment. Please try again later.

It occurs just after I press "Submit" for payment, as the "Verified by Visa" screen briefly appears.

This is VERY frustrating, as I'm trying to purchase the US Map Updater Service. :mad:

You should be doing this on line through Home. I don't think (if you are trying) that you can do it through a bluetooth connection.

You should be doing this on line through Home. I don't think (if you are trying) that you can do it through a bluetooth connection.
I AM doing this on a PC through TomTom Home (not using bluetooth), but it appears to be "a problem" with their servers, today. So, I posted it. :p

I'm using Home on my Mac today here in the UK and I get the same error message when trying to buy updated maps.

I was trying Paypal as the payment method - I get past the log in screen, it's after I click Pay Now I get the error message.

Last edited:
I'm using Home on my Mac today here in the UK and I get the same error message when trying to buy updated maps.

I was trying Paypal as the payment method - I get past the log in screen, it's after I click Pay Now I get the error message.
Thanks, I added that to my report when I caledl tech spt back, today.

I tried again this morning & I'm still getting the error. :mad:

Today's brainstorm from them: uninstall & reinstall Home.

Got the server down error on one screen when I subscribed an hour ago but the process did indeed go through and the new map (825) was offered in 'update my unit' and a confirmation email was sent to my email address.

After reading your post, I tried it again (for the umpteenth time) & it gave me a "Webpage is displaying some Non-Secure Content. Continue?" -popup at the Verify stage. This was new & it worked!

New map should finish its d/l in about an hour! :cool:

I started this thread on a problem with bluetooth data connections, and iit somehow got over to map downloads.

I am still trying to find out if anyone else is have difficulties with BLUETOOTH PLUS SERVICES CONNECTIONS !

I started this thread on a problem with bluetooth data connections, and iit somehow got over to map downloads.

I am still trying to find out if anyone else is have difficulties with BLUETOOTH PLUS SERVICES CONNECTIONS !
Sorry, I seem to have hijacked your thread. :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, I have no Plus Services to report on.

It appears that the server was down for over 2 days, as I was finally able to re-connect with the Plus Services this AM.

Judging by the lack of any response to the server question from any Plus Service users, apparently not many posters on this forum bother with Plus Services...

GAW, this AM I saw internal server error messages while I was in Home, not for Plus services but other stuff...

I suspect that their server problems (flakey at best) resurfaces every time there is a load on them (such as now when many N americans may be trying to get the map subscription).

Users may see issues with problems getting mapshares and/or quickfixes for a day or so as a consequence.

Hi dhn

I don't think that is an issue with respect to the bluetooth data connection, which was down for the count. When i was connected through Home, i could use Plus Servise Triffic throughOmy Go" OK, but could not coonect through the bluetooth data connection for anything.

I am getting pretty annoyed with TT on this, as I find I rarely can count on this connection for a full day of driving - it usually goes down and stays down at some point along the route. This is especially irritating with respect to paid services like Traffic.

I ended up totally wasting a lot of time trying to work through it (I thought it might be the new app, etc) only to find out it was their system all along.

At least I now now the with respect to 8.302 - connection settings work per previous posts and the data setup manual options are still their (one poster had though 8.302 did away with them but this is not the case).

Ask a Question