TT One XL v3 sound probs

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom XL v3
Hi

I've had my TomTom for just under a year now, and have not had any problems so far until now...

The sound has completely gone, and i mean totally gone. That means no warnings, no voices and i'm not sure what to do?
I did read that someone has had a faulty speaker, so do you think this may be my problem? Im still under warranty, but would rather sort this out myself rather than have to send it to the makers etc and be without it as i use it everyday.

Has nyone got any ideas?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Does this happen when the unit is only on battery power or connected to a charger as well? When you select a voice and click on the test button, do you hear anything? Have you tried a pin reset? If so, when you boot up, do you hear the drum sound?

Hi.
Thanks for replying.

I have no sound at all times now.
Have tried testing the sound, and nothing.
There is no sound whether the TT is charging or on battery power.
When i switch the unit on, i don't hear the drumroll.
In fact i hear zilch....which is annoying as it worked perfectly for nearly a year.
I have contacted TomTom, and am waiting for their reply

Sorry, i haven't tried the reset button as i wanted to try everything else before trying that.
Do you think i should do that now?

I suspect the speaker has broken, and it needs repairing but will try anything as don't really want to be without it for ages whilst its being repaired!!!!

Many thanks in advance

Yorkiemedicman

Sure, try the reset button. At worst, you'll only have to reset the time.

Also did you make a backup prior to the sound disappearing, by any chance?

Anyway, try the reset.

Hi DHN

I'll try resetting the unit.

Yes, i did make a back-up prior to the sound going AWOL, so after resetting it, i'll load the previous settings back on

Thanks again, mate

Do you get a drum roll from the device when you start it up following the reset, this is the only time you will get a drum roll as a normal power off/ on doesn't make the noise - Mike

Does this happen when the unit is only on battery power or connected to a charger as well? When you select a voice and click on the test button, do you hear anything? Have you tried a pin reset? If so, when you boot up, do you hear the drum sound?

Yup, tried it under both mode, with the charger plugged in and running on battery power only, can't get audio to work at all. And no, no drum sound when TomTom boots up.

Sorry Madcow, but you've replied on the wrong thread....!

Hi Mike

No, i did not get drumroll sound. In fact, the sound is still not working at all.

Luckily, i've found the receipt and im going to take the tomtom back to the shop where i bought it. If i get any problems there, im going to buy a replacment speaker for ?10 and fit it myself.

Thanks for you replies

Yorkiemedicman

Ask a Question