TT One Second Edition Boot Problems

TomTom Model(s)
One (Second Edition)
Hi all,

I hope this the right place to look for help because I am pulling my hair out!

As a favour for a friend I said I would update their TomTom as they had no Idea what to do.

Turned on the TomTom One (Second Edition) and it shows the SD card going into the bottom off the device. This loops over and over again.

If I plug it into my computer then it just sits on the screen showing the device with the cable attached.

I have installed the latest version of HOME on my computer (Vista) and after plugging the TomTom in using the USB it comes up in the Hardware okay, but does not connect to or show up in HOME.

I have done a reset on the device and also tried adding some files to the SD card as recommended in other posts on this forum. All to no avail.

I did say to my friend it would be finished by tonight. It's not looking promising. Any help out there?

With the device connected to the PC use Windows Explorer and locate the drive letter associated with the TomTom, click it to open and reveal the contents.
You will be looking at a bunch of folders and lose files, delete the lose files, DO NOT TOUCH ANY FILES WITHIN FOLDERS OR ANY FOLDERS just the lose files.

Cnnect to Home and use the "Update my Go" button, Home will now download and install the latest application for the unit. When its complete use the "Disconnect My Go" option from the tools along the top of the Home application, DO NOT pull the cable out until Home tells you to.

Pulling the cable out during a data transfer to/ from the device is a well known way to corupt the application software on the device resulting in a flashing red cross on start up! - Mike

When looking it Windows Explorer, the drive appears but says that I need to "Insert a disk". The SD card is already in the TomTom.

If I put the SD card in my reader on my computer it shows up fine.

In HOME it will not let me update as it says "No device connected"

Put the card in to the card reader and delete the files as detailed in my previous post, put the card in to the TomTom and switch it on then connect to Home - Mike

Ask a Question