One Second Edition turns off after splash screen

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by kettlejake, Mar 7, 2010.

1. kettlejake

kettlejake

After I updated my Great Britain and Ireland map last week, the Tom Tom One Second Edition turns off after displaying the splash screen for around ten seconds, I've tried all sorts of different ways to fix this but nothing seems to work. Ihave even bought another SD card and copied the map on to it but the same thing happened,
    It does work through Tom Tom Home, though, which is another puzzle.
    I also have the USA and Canada map on a separate SD card and it is working normally.
    Can anybody shine any light on this and supply a solution please?

kettlejake, Mar 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. kettlejake

mikealder Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    720, 930, 940, XL, One 3rd
    Delete the MapSettings.cfg file from the UK&ROI map folder, the device will create a new one but doing this will resolve the issue - Mike

mikealder, Mar 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. kettlejake

kettlejake

I have deleted the map settings file, but it doesn't seem to have created a new one. Am I doing the right thing deleting it from the folder on the removable disk on the PC?

kettlejake, Mar 7, 2010
  4. kettlejake

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Your model requires everything on a sd card or everything on internal. By everything, I mean map AND application.

So, I suspect you DO have the application on the card with the North American map so when you insert the card, the unit boots from the card and sees the map.

But I suspect you do NOT have the application on the UK card but do on internal. So, it boots to internal but doesn't see a map.

I think if you were to delete the loose files in internal but NO folders or their contents, insert the card and connect to Home, then an application may be offered. If so, accept it and install.

Then see how things are.

dhn, Mar 7, 2010
  5. kettlejake

kettlejake

Thanks both for your help. I fear I have lost the application from both internal and SD card.

I have looked in Items On Device and Items On Computer and there are no applications at all on there, just maps and extras.

How can I download the latest application and put it on the device and card.

Will have to try tomorrow now.H

kettlejake, Mar 8, 2010
  6. kettlejake

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    When you connect the unit to Home, it'll recognize the application is missing and download it and install.

See here for more information.

dhn, Mar 8, 2010
  7. kettlejake

kettlejake

Thanks to your help, i now have the application on internal butI now don't seem to be able to clear the loose files there as you suggested. I don't know how to access the internal files. Without the SD card it won't give me a file list.

kettlejake, Mar 9, 2010
  8. kettlejake

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    Use Explorer to look at the contents of the unit when you connect it to the computer. If you are saying that the unit won't connect without a sd card, then insert the card and connect.

You should see 2 external drives in Explorer: one for the internal and one for the sd card.

Just make sure you're on the right drive if and when you choose to delete files.

dhn, Mar 9, 2010
  9. kettlejake

kettlejake

I'm sorry for my ignorance but I have Windows 7 and with the SD card out I can't see any files or folders at all. With the SD card in it shows all of them. I think I know what I have to do, thanks to your advice, but it's so frustrating that I'm not able to do it.

kettlejake, Mar 9, 2010
  10. kettlejake

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    With the card out, does the unit connect to the computer? If not, try resetting your unit.

dhn, Mar 9, 2010
  11. kettlejake

kettlejake

No, without the card it doesn't connect. I have tried resetting, that is using the RSEST button by the SD card slot. Still the same result, I'm afraid.

kettlejake, Mar 9, 2010
  12. kettlejake

kettlejake

Problem now solved. was able to install application to device through Tom Tom Home after trying many different things. Many thanks for all help.

kettlejake, Mar 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question