TT One feature question

I am trying to decide between the Garmin c340 and the TT One. There are features I like about both. One feature in particular that I like on the 340 is a trip screen that shows your current speed, average speed, max speed, distance traveled etc... Does the One have a similar display? I have looked through the manuals and can't find anything like this. Best I can see is the One shows your current speed.

Looks like the Tripmaster application will do what I want it to do and more. Looks very cool. It appears it will run on a One V2

Yup, the application Tripmaster will do exactly waht you want. The nice thing about it is it's free and the developer (as well as the beta tester) are members of this forum.

btw, hello and welcome.

Thanks!

I made a quick trip to BestBuy at lunch and picked up my TT One. I have been waiting for something to sway my decision. Tripmaster was that something. I hooked the One up in the parking lot and it immediately acquired and knew where it was. Now to order the latest maps (BB had V2, not V3), and download tripmaster.

I'm having the same dilemma here. My wife got me a TT One for my birthday. I opened it up Thursday, and it wouldn't even boot-up because of a bad SD Card...Had to send it back. Now I'm skeptical of anything that uses cards...I'm looking at the TT 910 as an option. Bit more expensive, but it has all the bells and whistles...

RB

Now I'm skeptical of anything that uses cards...
RB

R Bell, you're in luck.

A friend purchased a TTOne (after seeing mine) and his has all the maps for North America Built in.

If you can find a new version (I'll ask him tomorrow what his version number is, so you can find the proper one at you place of purchase) it would seem to suit your needs.
Seems you are right at the cusp of getting an "older" version that has a card and a newer version that has everything in RAM. I know that I have the older one and my friend has the newer one and he only purchased it a few weeks after I did.

Have to tell you, so far, I love the unit. And having a forum like this with helpful experts is a bonus.

R Bell, you're in luck.

A friend purchased a TTOne (after seeing mine) and his has all the maps for North America Built in.

If you can find a new version (I'll ask him tomorrow what his version number is, so you can find the proper one at you place of purchase) it would seem to suit your needs.
Seems you are right at the cusp of getting an "older" version that has a card and a newer version that has everything in RAM. I know that I have the older one and my friend has the newer one and he only purchased it a few weeks after I did.

Have to tell you, so far, I love the unit. And having a forum like this with helpful experts is a bonus.
How about that? She got it from QVC...Do you supposed TT is unloading their older units on QVC just to move them out? Hmmm...Bummer...

Well anyway, I'm leaning more towards the ones with the built in H Drives and memory. No chip to hassle with, or go bad on you! It's looking like the TT 910 or Garmin 2720 running about 445.00, and does it all...

RB

How about that? She got it from QVC...Do you supposed TT is unloading their older units on QVC just to move them out? Hmmm...Bummer...

Well anyway, I'm leaning more towards the ones with the built in H Drives and memory. No chip to hassle with, or go bad on you! It's looking like the TT 910 or Garmin 2720 running about 445.00, and does it all...

RB

A point made earlier by 46jimbo (in another thread) in considering HD over SD cards is that if the HD crapped out on you, your stuck with it. You would have to repair/return the unit and deal with long down times.

If an SD card had a problem, its so cheap you could buy another one. You might have other SD card's lying around because a lot of Digital Cameras use them.

Anyway, just something to think about.

I was just talking to my bro-in-law who owns a Garmin 330, and he's telling me you really don't need a card, because all the map unloading is done online through your USB anyway, and goes directly to your internal memory.

I guess if there is a problem with the unit's memory the techs have to troubleshoot it online while your connected to the USB. Is this correct? I'm still baffled while my TT One did not have all that stuff so called, preloaded into it!

RB

Purchase price is not the issue, but workability and reliability is...!I've complied a list of GPS's in the range of $399. to $500. and came up with some really nice units, both TT and Garmin, no others...The TT 510 was one that also interested me... But the Garmin 2720 has some things about it I really like.
See below for the details to the Garmin 2720:

WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS receiver
3.8" diagonal, WQVGA color, 454x240 pixel, glare-resistant TFT display
touch-screen control
preloaded City Navigator North America NT v7 maps with nearly six million points of interest
turn-by-turn directions
voice prompts and proximity warnings
customizable points of interest
2000 user waypoints
2000-point track log
50-route memory
detour function
custom road preference
auto off-route recalculation
trip computer with odometer, timers, average and maximum speeds
built-in photo sensor
3-D or top down, track-up, north-up views
USB 2.0 interface
built-in patch antenna
MCX-type connector
dash mount
alphanumeric remote control
12V power cable with external speaker
USB cable
AC power adapter
beanbag mount
protective cover
owner's manual
quick-reference guide

..Do you supposed TT is unloading their older units on QVC just to move them out?
My guess, yes, that is exactly what they are doing.

Well anyway, I'm leaning more towards the ones with the built in H Drives and memory. No chip to hassle with, or go bad on you! It's looking like the TT 910 or Garmin 2720 running about 445.00, and does it all... RB
I must concur with Digital-flex here. If you are worried about reliability, then SD card is the (only) way to go.

Firstly, they are far more robust and reliable than hard drives (no moving parts. What do think happens to an HD after being dropped on concrete a few times? You can drill holes in SD cards, or boil them, and they still work!). Secondly, if it ever goes belly-up (which is very unlikely) they can easily and cheaply replaced. I think that you would find that practically impossible with a HD. Finally, if you just want to upgrade the capacity of an SD card based device, it is easy and cheap. It is not possible with other devices, you are stuck with the spec it ships with.

Ask a Question