TT One 12V Charger Cord

TomTom Model(s)
TT 1 (NE)
Has anyone had the problem of blowing the 2 A fuse while using the One in their vehicle under normal usage? My One's 'charge cord fuse' blew while I was driving and it was connected to a reliable 12 volt source - fortunately the battery lasted the entire trip! The 'battery charge' indicator kept flashing, that's how I knew there was a problem as the unit wasn't charging while connected to the 12V supply. Upon further inspection, I smelled the aroma of burnt wire and found the blown fuse.

Mike L.

WOW! Gald nothing worse happened. I never heard of such a problem though. Perhaps you should conatc support and see if they have heard any such problems, could be a major one.

WOW! Gald nothing worse happened. I never heard of such a problem though. Perhaps you should conatc support and see if they have heard any such problems, could be a major one.

Thanks DF! ;)

I replaced the fuse but got the same results - nada! The One is charging via my PC and USB connection right now. I guess the circuitry cutting the voltage from 12V to 5V is fried. Now the question is WHY! I'll be calling customer support on Monday. I'll keep all posted.

Mike L.

Some owners of the original Classic owners had their units fried by a batch of faulty charge cords. Fortunately, only your fuse went!

I notified TT Support of the problem on Monday via email and got a response later that day acknowledging my correspondence.

Today, Wednesday, I got a second email asking for my name, mailing address and serial number so they can send me a new cord.

That's a great turnaround from a support/repair service! Now we wait.

Mike L.

I notified TT Support of the problem on Monday via email and got a response later that day acknowledging my correspondence.

Today, Wednesday, I got a second email asking for my name, mailing address and serial number so they can send me a new cord.

That's a great turnaround from a support/repair service! Now we wait.

Mike L.

Hey that's great. Assume there is no charge for this? Let us know how it turns out.

I got the following email today from TT Support:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your faulty 12V charger, we're glad to be of assistance!

Than you very much for the information provided, I already forwarded it to the correct department in order for them to send you a replacement cigarette light adaptor. Usually those orders take around 3 to 4 weeks to arrive. I appreciate your patience.

If you have any further questions or comments, please reply to this e-mail or call us at 1-866-486-6866 Monday through Saturday, 8:30am to 7pm EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way, the easy way.

Best Regards,

TomTom Support Team
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I spoke to TT Support on the phone today as well, and in under 10 minutes they had answered all of my questions. :)

I wish ALL support was as quick and painless as was TomTom's today! ;)

Now we wait for the package! :rolleyes:

Mike L.

Charger Update

It's been well over a month since I originally contacted TT Svc about my charger cord. Well, today I spoke to Mary from Support and Kristen from Special Support and both verified my previous communications. Kristen said she would put one in the mail on Friday, June 15. Seems they can't tell if a new cord was shipped already so they're shipping another one just in case.

Support was very nice and helpful and the wait time wasn't that bad - I think the whole transaction took all of 20 minutes. :)

To be continued...

ML

Well, the new cord arrived via USPS 2 days after I last spoke to SUPPORT!

Job well done TomTom! :)

ML

Ask a Question