TT HOME v1.5.106??

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Well, when I opened HOME and checked for updates it said there was a new version available. I downloaded it through home and installed it and everything went fine but when I check the version it's still saying 1.5.104.

So I went to the TT site and downloaded it there. I installed the HOME app it recognizes that I have already installed it because I have the choices to remove, repair, and I forget the other choice. I choose repair (while installing it does say 1.5.106) but again when it has finished running setup I check the version and it's still saying 1.5.04 :confused:

I know its only a .002 so I doubt theres a significant change (possibly for the Mac problem??) but has anyone experienced it?

Same thing here.

After reading your post I checked my version number too. I updated the Home version about 2 days ago and figured that I too received the latest and greatest. Well, I have the same version as you 1.5.104. This is were it gets a little goofy...

When I ask Home to check for a newer version, it says that there is a newer one. O.K. Maybe they just updated it today, so I downloaded Home again. Once installed, I checked the version number and it is still 1.5.104. So, just for the fun of it, I check for an update again. Home came back and said that there was a newer version... AHHH!!!!

So you do have some company!!!!:D

After reading your post I checked my version number too. I updated the Home version about 2 days ago and figured that I too received the latest and greatest. Well, I have the same version as you 1.5.104. This is were it gets a little goofy...

When I ask Home to check for a newer version, it says that there is a newer one. O.K. Maybe they just updated it today, so I downloaded Home again. Once installed, I checked the version number and it is still 1.5.104. So, just for the fun of it, I check for an update again. Home came back and said that there was a newer version... AHHH!!!!

So you do have some company!!!!:D

Thanks, I need company. I don't know what's going on with that.

Well it looks like it was my computer that was the problem.

I downloaded HOME on my laptop and it is now showing the new version which is 1.5.106 (March 14 2007).

I may have to completely remove HOME from my desktop because it still saying .104.

As far as the new version goes, nothing has changed visually. I would assume that there was probably a fix for the OSX problem.

We only wish they would fix the Mac problems with HOME. My guess is that it has more to do with Vista than anything else. The Mac version of HOME leaves alot to be desired....

We only wish they would fix the Mac problems with HOME. My guess is that it has more to do with Vista than anything else. The Mac version of HOME leaves alot to be desired....

You are correct. I emailed TomTom support about the .106 version and this is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the notes about the new version of TomTom HOME. We are glad to help.

In this case we recommend you to keep checking and registering for TomTom News and be first to hear about all the latest products and events. Because unfortunately at this time we don't handled notes about the new version of TomTom HOME. What we can inform you is that the new TomTom HOME is mostly for the compatibility with Windows Vista.

This was a similar response when I emailed them about .104 build. I think they got sick of me emailing them about getting release notes :eek:

Ahhh, thanks. We Mac users are used to being the red-headed step child. Would be nice to have an update that's actually stable on the Mac platform. :)

Ask a Question