TomTom Home Update: v1.5.106

Internetpilot

TomTom Model(s)
GO700 (Updated)
Just FYI, there's a new version of TomTom Home available. I figured since most people update it through TomTom Home, they'll automatically get notified of it. However, if you're like me, you rarely hook your TomTom up to your PC, so.....if you want the latest version, just startup home and you'll likely get it.

As usual, they don't provide release notes that tell you what this update includes in terms of features, fixes, etc.

Most noticeable change? New logo.

Last edited:
That's really weird because I just connected my TomTom to my PC about two weeks ago, and this update was not available. My TomTom Home also was also using the old logo for all the icons, splash screens (for Home not the TomTom), etc. Just today, I connect my TomTom to my PC and it downloaded the update. After it was done updating, I noticed all the logos changed.

That's really weird, because this new logo was not available back in March 2007, was it? I thought the new logo just came out this Summer.

When I connected my TomTom to my PC about two weeks ago, in order to do the My TomTom thing on the PC, it downloaded a required update for displaying my TomTom screen on my PC (whatever that feature is called). I wonder if that set me back a couple of versions or something weird. I am using a GO700 -- maybe it's something TomTom model specific???

Very weird. This is why I don't like automatic updates.

IIRC, the TT HOME 1.5.106 was not the version that displayed the new logo, I believe it was the .104 build, or the build just before that.

I remember emailing support about what the new update (1.5.106) but they just mentioned that it had patches for Windows Vista.

The way I got the update was randomly going through manual update feature. That was when it informed me there was a newer version. My guess is the rollout of update was slow. I had read in other forums where they beleived that this was a new update, but in fact it was out quite awhile.

Ask a Question