TT Home to 930 communication

I can assure you that I don't see you having done anything wrong at all, I am not on some sort of internet campaign to rid e-bay of illegal software as that task should be undertaken by the people that run the site, but devoid of any moral substance they are incapable of banning sales that are clearly illegal, instead e-bay just cream the profit from sales of illicit goods like a fat cat.

All I have done is notified TomTom to take action against the trader selling these devices, as the copyright owner they can take action through VERO to remove the illegal sales from the site and ban the user - The ball is in their court so to speak.

Its a shame you have been taken in with a device sold in such a way, and I would lodge a complaint to demand your cash back via PayPal due to being sold equipment loaded with illegal content - If you get chance send me a PM with your e-mail address - Mike

I'd try to get my money back, mate.

Hi DHN,

Well after some to-ing and fro-ing and numerous e-mails the vendor has undertaken to provide a full refund upon receipt of the 930. So it is packed and waiting until after the Christmas rush to get returned.

The tone of the conversation changed a bit at about the same time all of the vendor's TT items disappeared from his listings. I wondered if he was blaming me for the angst? But with some firm replies he has undertaken to come to the party - we shall see, I can still open up an eBay/Paypal dispute if I have to.

Now piloting a 950, see new thread.

Thanks for the advice and help in sorting this out.

Cheers

Alan

Ask a Question