Tom Tom Home not recognising Go 930

Hi There,
I have recently upgraded to a Go 930. I am finding that I have to reset the device before tom tom home recognises the gps is connected to the PC. Is there a setting in the device I have overlooked so I don't have to reset the unit prior to updating?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Angelo

Are you saying that you have to do a 'pin reset' on the bottom every time you hook up via USB in order to have your unit recognized? My 720 did that for about 5 months. I never did figure out why it was doing that. It didn't even offer to connect to the computer - just moved to the nav screen.

One day, perhaps after an update, it stopped behaving that way. Never understood why.

Might be worth using Home to delete the 8.351 application from the unit, and then use Home to update your unit until you're offered 8.351 and see if that changes how it behaves.

Hi & thanks for your reply.
I don't know what "8.351 application" is.
Where will i find that application on the device?

Tap the satellite bars on your unit. The next screen shows the application version number installed on your unit.

(if you tap the version number, the following screen shows the map installed and its version)

Ask a Question