*** TT Home New Version 1.5.104

This is something to get excited about eh. I can't wait to install it when I get home. (I know, I'm a geek).

even though you've been posting to change your status to "pro" you're a newbie.... History shows that the latest version from TT for anything isn't aways a 'good thing' in the eyes of the users... ;)

So far I haven't hit any issues witht the new version of HOME. hopefully fanchee won't mind loading on the Mac and letting us know....

Eh... YAwn, this doesn't excite me, either. I'm such a pessimistic HOME user. I'll install and report back tomorrow.

LOL. Bossy butt.

Maybe there's not a new Mac version? I launched HOME and checked for updates, said I have the latest. But then again, my ONE isn't attached, it's in the car (GASP!) Hey, back off, I live in the country in a very small town. :)

I'll download the installer from TT.com and see if it's a new version for Mac.

bossy whutt? :p
Did you try to manually check for updates thru HOME first? I noticed for this update it took about 3 minutes after I logged in to tell me there was an update....

Hmmm. I downloaded it from tt.com and installed it and it's the same version. But let's look on the bright side... HOME is still crashing!!! Out of the 3 times I just launched it, it crashed once. Hmmph. Maybe that's an improvement.

Tried it, it's the same version as before. We are used to being left out. They'll get around to a Mac upgrade eventually. Maybe one that crashes one out of every FOUR times, quite a step up!

even though you've been posting to change your status to "pro" you're a newbie.... History shows that the latest version from TT for anything isn't aways a 'good thing' in the eyes of the users... ;)

So far I haven't hit any issues witht the new version of HOME. hopefully fanchee won't mind loading on the Mac and letting us know....

Geez, thanks for the vote of confidence.

And what's wrong with wanting to install a new update?? New versions go either way, good or bad. If it goes bad, you were hopefully good about doing regular backups and roll back. I'm willing to take that risk and share my experience. What's it to you?

Also, I certainly don't post to change my status. I post because I want to say something or try to help. Most of the time I really do try to help, other times its friendly banter.

other times its friendly banter.
i guess you didn't take my friendly banter correctly... sorry.

I'm like you. and so is fanchee (usually). a new update and can't wait to try it. what I meant with you still being a 'newbie' is that you weren't on the site back when the new App version came out and broke TTS for people who had it illegally. Yes the new version gave us new things, but it also took away things the end user community wanted and used.

I meant nothing bad toward you at all. ;) keep up the great work and the excitement about your TomTom!!

i guess you didn't take my friendly banter correctly... sorry.

I'm like you. and so is fanchee (usually). a new update and can't wait to try it. what I meant with you still being a 'newbie' is that you weren't on the site back when the new App version came out and broke TTS for people who had it illegally. Yes the new version gave us new things, but it also took away things the end user community wanted and used.

I meant nothing bad toward you at all. ;) keep up the great work and the excitement about your TomTom!!

No worries. You know when you read what people write in forums, everyone intreprets what you write differently from you what tried to convey.

I obviously took it the wrong way, sorry about that. I'm actually kinda laughing because it was silly. :D

Anyway, no harm no foul.

Oh, btw, it serves the people right who had TT's illegally to have problems. We're all honest people here, right guys? :)

"why can't we all just get along" :D

Now if you you guys have kissed and made up :) ...does anyone have any actual comments on the new version, besides cosmetics and updated help?

Ask a Question