TT home is a poor application at best...

TomTom Model(s)
GO 740 Live
I bought a GO 740 on 10/16/09. LMG did not work at all...so spent several phone calls and sending a receipt to get access to 835 map. After 2 months on this GO 740, I never got access to map update service and was getting big issues downloading from the server. Safety cameras always erred out.

This weekedn I spent 4hrs on the phone with TT. First trying to get map update service which never worked. I was first told since I waited till map 840 came out, I would have to pay $60 for new map and update service...huh

Got that fixed so that I have map 840 but no still no update service. I was told by a supervisor that Win7 64bit is not fully compatible with TT home. So I went dual booted back to XP pro...still did not work, tried everything on 4 computers and 2 separate internet connections to no avail. I was told iall this failed to call back and they would exchange my unit.

I went back to Sam's and got a new unit hoping this would fix everything.

I started with a new login account, then tried old account and swapped devices. Nothing allows me to get LMG or map update service. Unit came with 825 map and again LMG did not work at all..nada. So I will once again try to deal with TT, if this fails the unit goes back forever.

One aspect of your post has come up here before, i.e, TT Home being compatible with Win7 64-bit. What you are being told by TomTom is rubbish; many of us here are running their weak application on Win7 with no problems, other than those inherent in the app itself. Publishers of dodgy apps love to blame the OS, and TT is no exception. The fact that your problem continued under XP shows this. Also,being told that because you waited for the new maps before taking advantage of the LMG requires you to now pay is also rubbish. I got my 730 on Black Friday, and upgraded to the 840 maps with no problem. It's a pity that TT has such poor information coming out of the CS dept.

Last edited:

Ask a Question