TT GPS vs Map App GPS

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone app on 3GS for Western Europe
I've read two threads on poor GPS and in both cases the last posting was in August. Does that mean the problem is supposed to be fixed or people have given up?

I've had no problem at all until yesterday travelling up M5 (UK). TT working perfectly until north of Bristol where TT GPS totally dies. The Map App continues to get a good fix.

I'm using a new air vent holster (not TT car kit) and firstly I try different positions in car, followed by lots of other things. Eventually I find closing down app in background then power cycling iPhone gets it working again, although it's now showing poor GPS Coverage and Traffic is now not functioning, and doesn't return until after a 40 min hold up around Bham.

Finally, as I'm entering Liverpool, the poor GPS coverage makes using the systemalmost unusable, except by holding unit against windscreen.

If this is an iOS 4 problem, why haven't I experienced it before?

Any tips from other users.

Dave, what car are you driving and does it have an athermic coated glass front screen??? - Mike

Dave, what car are you driving and does it have an athermic coated glass front screen??? - Mike

It's a Honda Jazz 1.4 and as far as I know it doesn't have a special screen - it's not darkened.

Yesterday I drove 200 miles without a problem, then suddenly I had absolutely no GPS on TT and it took me another 70 to find the reboot solution, so it wasn't a transient problem.

The Map app was showing an accurate, small GPS spot location, so it seems to be a TT problem, rather than general GPS/iPhone issue.

Ask a Question