XL Live No Gps then No Maps

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope some one can help before I go totaly grey :D

I have a XL live Tom Tom, it is 2 months old, yesterday it would not obtain any satelittes, today it says no maps, I must be on the moon..
Installed home, no maps are showing but 929.8mb is being used, the bits and peices which are installed like voices app etc, add up to 100 meg so 828 meg is in thin air some where, looking at what I can load is about 3gig..

Anyone got any ideas please

All the best from Alan

Are you using a MAC per chance, if so empty the trash from the drive letter associated with your TomTom, if its a Windoze based system can you see folders and files on the drive letter associated with the TomTom - Mike

For starters, do a reset on the unit. I think for that model you need to hold the power button for about 15 seconds.

If that doesn't cure the situation, try the Clear Flash tool found here
. Run it 3 times.

If still not resolved, use Explorer to look at the contents of the unit. Do you see a specific map folder with lots of files in it?

Hi There,

You was right it is 15 seconds, it comes up with a lot of text, but it does nothing, i ran the clear cache 3 times, I think that made it reboot, and yes I can see the Sothouern Area files, which is UK and half of europe, but now it will not come on at all you get tom tom slash up and that is it..
Poor sad tom tom..

All the best from Alan

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents. Format the unit. Don't use quickformat. Restore the backup. See if that helps.

Hi There,

I would like to clarify something before starting please, are you saying dont use the home Backup, just use the exploroer and copy all contents to hard drive..

All the best from Alan

Sorry for the delay, I did all you said, if I use home and can operate the unit, and setup home navigate all seems to work, but the minute I make the tom tom standalone and switch on, the logo comes up you get the beating of drums, and then nothing but a dark screen.

All the best from Alan

Again, try the reset by holding the power button for about 15 seconds.

If that doesn't help, connect to Home. Home's menu option of Tools-->Mapshare corrections and select to remove all mapshare corrections. See if that helps.

If not, then use Explorer to remove the mapsettings.cfg file from your map folder. You'll lose all your favourites, recent destinations, home location but it may help.

Thank you for your time and help, we gave it a good go..

Have a great christmas and a brill new year

All the best from Alan

Ask a Question