TT GO 630 confuse LEFT and RIGHT turns

Helllo!
I have detected one problem in my TT. Sometimes it confuse LEFT and RIGHT turns. It say me turn right(exit), but it is not possible, because no right turn(exit) on current highway only left(exit). And I missed many exits....:mad:

What is the problem? What can I fix and where?

Happened to see this thread and thought I would resurrect it.

I just had this exact same problem on my new Go 630. It would announce the wrong turn direction almost half the time, but the screen would be correct. I tried changing voices, and they would still give the same errors. When I went to Preferences and selected the feature to give "advance notification" during directions, almost all of the problems went away. Sorry I can't give a specific set of settings, because I tried changing several settings at once. I haven't tried going back to turn off the advance notification to see if it still screws up.

Once in a while it'll still tell me the wrong direction, but it's usually when I'm going through a complex set of lanes/streets at a high speed. Every time, though, the screen directions are correct. And as I get very close to the turn, the voice will usually switch to the correct information. I'm guessing that the text-to-speech is lagging, and can't process the rapidly changing info.

I have had the same wrong direction issue with my GO 730 after i used latest map guarantee. I upgraded to map version 840.2562. To confirm it was the map, I installed old map on SD card, and sure enough problem was gone. The other thing is that the previous map does not display ALG screens, and the newer one does. I like the ALG, so I have to deal with one or the other issues. Does anyone know if some maps have fewer, or no ALG?

ALG was very rare in maps 800-815. They had significant additions in every map, and in 840 they're in almost every highway intersection and many sideroads in the US.

Turn errors are issues with the map, all you can do is report them in mapshare and hope TT fixes them. It's a shame that they deteriorated in your area in more recent maps. In my area map 840 is much better than 830 and 835 were.

Ask a Question