TT 750....which card type?

TomTom Model(s)
GO750 Live Garmin Camper 760LMT-D
Recently had a new TT 750 just a couple of weeks ago.

Exactly what type and size of micro SD card is best to use on this model. Will any brand make do or does it need to be specific to TT? Looking on ebay there are thousands listed for mobile phones, but only a few which state for TT use yet they appear to be the same thing.

When I connected my 750 to TT Home it told me the map needs updating, but then says the map would be reduced in detail as there is not enough memory so what size card should I get?

Am I best going for a 4gb or 8gb?

Welcome to TTF.

Look for supermod Mikealder (who is UK based) to respond in this thread. We do not have the 750 model in North America.

But, I think you are looking for a micro sdhc card for that model. It can handle up to 32 gigs in size. That's overkill, though. 8 gb will work well.

Stay away from anything you see on ebay, especially if the seller is in China. Too many have been burned getting cheap cards that have been altered and turn out to be crap.

Stick with known brands such as Kingston, Transcend or SanDisk. The faster the speed (class 6 or higher if possible).

Mike, or someone else who knows, will correct any incorrect info I've provided.

Look for supermod Mikealder (who is UK based) to respond in this thread. We do not have the 750 model in North America.............

Too many have been burned getting cheap cards that have been altered and turn out to be crap.

Above looks fine to me although the word in red should be "pants" :D

Get a decent quality 8GB Class 6 MicroSD card from a reputable source (not e-Bay) and you won't go far wrong. We used to recommend 4GB capacity cards but the recent increase in map size means that installing the Western_Europe and North American maps on the same device requires 8GB these days - Mike

Get a decent quality 8GB Class 6 MicroSD card from a reputable source (not e-Bay) and you won't go far wrong.

Ordered one of these off Play.com. Doesn't say its a Class 6 but the price seemed good. You think it will do the job ok?

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3564175/SanDisk-8GB-Micro-SDHC-Memory-Card/Product.html?_$ja=tsid%3a11518%7ccc%3a%7cprd%3a3564175%7ccat%3aMobile+&add=3564175&pid=257282&dpr=257282

For that price, you are most assuredly not getting a Class 6 card. Most likely their Class 2 (slow). Not recommended for TT maps.

A Sandisk uSD Class 6 will have a little circle in the upper right (not an arrow) with a "6" in it.

For that price, you are most assuredly not getting a Class 6 card. Most likely their Class 2 (slow). Not recommended for TT maps.
Damn! :rolleyes:
Looks like i'm sticking it on ebay when i get it as 8gb branded micros are going for more than that.

Play.com do a Transcend 8gb and it does state it as Class 6 for ?13.99. Does that seem the right money?

Not familiar with these micros at all. What are the adapters for and why are some sold with and some sold without?

In order to use an SDHC card in your computer it needs to have an SDHC compatible slot, the basic fact the card will fit in to an SD reader slot doesn't mean the computer can read/ write to it - This is why they are often sold with USB addaptors so the owner can actually use the card with the PC.

13:99 for a Transcend 8GB class 6 is a decent price as they are a very good brand of card and don't tend to get cloned by the flea-bay sellers unlike the more established brands such as Sandisk - Mike

In order to use an SDHC card in your computer it needs to have an SDHC compatible slot, the basic fact the card will fit in to an SD reader slot doesn't mean the computer can read/ write to it - This is why they are often sold with USB addaptors so the owner can actually use the card with the PC.
Is there any partic need to buy a USB adaptor as mine will need to be inserted in the satnav to read any TT downloads....won't it? :confused:

I can see the need for a USB reader if taking photos off a card for example.

It just makes it faster assuming your PC is equipped with USB-2 ports which most are, otherwise just use the TomTom as a card reader - Mike

Found what seems to be a good price on Transcend Class 6 at 7day shop. Both 8bg micro sdhc but which in your opinion represents the better buy for me to use in my TT 750?

7dayshop.com - Online Store

or

7dayshop.com - Online Store

Only 50p difference but am I better off going for the the one without the adapter as that is listed as "Ultra Speed"?
Both ads claim Class 6, so if true, I'd save the 50p and get the adapter thrown in as part of the bargain. Those can be very convenient for using on a PC card reader.

Ask a Question