750 Live Memory Card Update Issues

Hello, I am hoping somebody here will be able to help me.

I have a brand spanking new TT 750 Live Europe and a brand new 8GB Sandisk MicroSDHC card.

So I had read that the memory card was a must to update maps. Have just downloaded the latest Home software and proceeded to make a back up straight away to ensure I don't lose anything.

Thought I was then ready to install the very latest maps on my memory card.

First I ensured that the memory card had been selected (memory card selected picture below).

So in 'Home' I clicked the 'Update my Go' button and got the screen as in updates available picture below.

Then clicked the 'Update and install' button and was taken to the screen as in the says I don't have enough memory picture attachment below.

How come I have plenty of space, TT Home recognises my memory card but still says I do not have enough space?

I would appreciate any help from anybody on how to update the maps so that they are on my memory card. Did search the forums but couldn't find anything to solve this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Attachments

• Memory card selected.jpg
    Memory card selected.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Updates available.jpg
    Updates available.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 389
  • Says I don't have enough space.jpg
    Says I don't have enough space.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 399
Copy all the files and folders from your device to the computer using Windows Explorer

Copy the same files and folders from the computer to the memory card using a card reader

Insert the card to the TomTom and switch the unit on, once its started up switch it off and remove the memory card

Put the memory card back in the card reader and use Home to update the map thats on the memory card, you don't need the device connected as long as you followed the above steps - Mike

I could be wrong, but it looks like you are trying to put the application on the SD Card. If you put the application on the SD Card and then use it on your unit you will have 2 applications on your unit. Your device will then give you all kinds of problems with duplicate files on there. Just put the map on the card and select the internal for the other updates. The SD Card only expands the memory. Your unit will not chose between the internal and memory card.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. If I were the OP, I'd go ahead and get the firmware upgrade out of the way first before I did any of the others, then come back for those on a 2nd pass, just as a matter of course. Home is smart enough to know better than to put the application out on the SD card if it's already on the internal, though.

Last edited:
Home won't deal with the stupid European Zonal mapping some users have to put up with - If the OP wants the full European map on his device put everything on the memory card and update that otherwise you end up with a part map that doesn't cover the same area as the map installed when you purchased the device.

Some would call the zonal European mapping idea "Progress" I certainly wouldn't and I hope it never crosses the "pond" as it makes travelling somewhat difficult having to remember which zone is installed.

If a device has a memory card slot then the best advice is to use it, to get the full Euro map on the card needs the TomTom files on it negating the need for the internal memory, sadly devices without card slots are confined to maps of lessor area coverage than when purchased - Mike

Thanks guys.

In the end I just cut the maps directory from the main device and put it onto the memory card. Once I had done that and tried to update - it worked.

Now have a fully updated TT.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question