Trip to Italy

I have the most current map of WE and Italy and hope to explore Tuscany, however, the map does not "contain" many of the areas and local roads around Montalcino. Also, the route from Venice (Shortest) seems highly convoluted and conflicts quite a bit from Google maps and Mapquest. Can I trust my One? How do I find my lodging on the country roads???

Ribbit, could you tell us what map version you have. Could you give an example of a place you want to find and I can check it on my map.

Also, don't use the 'Shortest' option. It will try to route you 'as the bird flies' taking you down laneways and across parking lots. Amusing, but not practical.

P.S. With a name like yours, I thought you'd be heading for France!:D

Ciao

I would like to find CASTELLO DI VELONA - Localit? Velona - 53024 Montalcino (SI) and also the easiest route there from Venezia. I appreciate the help!! thanks..

I looked up the Castello di Velona, which is a fancy hotel, on Google. Looks nice! Their instructions for getting there say to go via Montalcino to Castelnuovo dell'Abate. My TomTom routes me there - it's 10 km south of Montalcino.

There is no Castello di Velona listed in the POIs (Hotels) nearby. But as this is a very small village, I'm sure that once there you will see signs for the hotel.

A question about your map: is it WE or is it just Italy? I'm using Western & Central Europe 6.75 and it shows quite a bit of detail around this area. They say that the WE 6.75 has been stripped of detail to keep it under 1 GB. However, if you are using the Italy country map, then I would assume that it has the same detail as I'm seeing.

By the way, you might be interested in the comments on TripAdvisor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...92-Castello_di_Velona-Montalcino_Tuscany.html

Last edited:
still lost!

I can't seem to find Castelnuovo dell'Abate either. What are you inputing in advanced planning to find this location?
city center? Im also trying WE map 660.1256 to no avail...any details would help me greatly and thanks....

Castelnuovo dell'Abate is located at these coordinates:

N42.99478 E11.51725

Quite a few street names are given, so the map detail seems pretty good.

Ask a Question