Trip to Italy and Switzerland -TomTom 910

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
I bought a 910 to use for our trip to Italy, since we were going to be doing alot of driving from Rome all the way up to Laussane and Geneva for flying home.
For 2 weeks prior to departure I drove around home (north of Montreal) to use the 910, and get used to the controls etc. I also visited this site and a few others, and downloaded Trip Navigator and a few other components. Stuck some songs in it as well (Rolling Sone magazines top 500).
The 910 was a trip saver in Italy. For those not used to driving in Italy, the roads with their canging anmes and all the samll sub-roads, are incredibly confusing. The amount we came to rely on the 910 was quite funny. We would plug in a destination and drive off, always arriving where we intended. thankfully, we entered the right destination each time, or who knows where we would have ended up, since we were totally relying on the 910.
The pronunciation of the Italian road names in english was often quite amusing, and we switched to an Italian voice speaking in English. The raod names sounded great, it was like an Italian tour guide riding with us. Very funny!
In Tuscany we stayed at an Agratourismo in the hils far off the beaten pass. I got the owner to send me the GPS coordinates, which I plugged into Google Earth to check the place out, then using Tyre tranferred the location into the 910. We went on some very interesting roads to get there, in one case down to a tiny gravel cart path, but we ended up exactly where we wanted to go, quite amazing.
Since the maps of Europe and North America come with the 910, it worked great for us with very little effort on our part. The directions were clear (considering the language), and generally with he help of my co-pilots, very easy to follow. We easily set up each new location as our new home, and had no trouble finding our way back.
Two weeks from Roma to Genieve and no problems. Great system!

Andy

glad to hear it did great for you
my father inlaw just came back from germany czech trip and 910 did great in germany and czech but czech map is not that great some little streets missing germany was fully suported

Ask a Question