Tried putting North America maps on ONE

Good to know. I didn't buy a fast card, either, as I read somewhere (on this board, I think) that the speed of the card only refers to the write speed and not the read speed. Since TomTom only reads and doesn't write, I bought the cheapest I could find.

I can't wait to try it when I get back home on Tuesday! I had all but given up hope, and now I'm super excited again.

Hey PS for TT - can you check one thing for me? Since you installed the North America map on your ONE, which should include the extra POI data, do you have a category for "shops" in addition to "shopping centre" ?

I'm jealous that PS has a 2GB on his/her ONE :(

fanchee, can you sleep knowing you can get this done but have to wait cuz you didn't bring your stuff with you on your road trip? :D

Good to know. I didn't buy a fast card, either, as I read somewhere (on this board, I think) that the speed of the card only refers to the write speed and not the read speed. Since TomTom only reads and doesn't write, I bought the cheapest I could find.

I can't wait to try it when I get back home on Tuesday! I had all but given up hope, and now I'm super excited again.

Hey PS for TT - can you check one thing for me? Since you installed the North America map on your ONE, which should include the extra POI data, do you have a category for "shops" in addition to "shopping centre" ?

Yes, there is a category for "Shops" in the POI's with the North America map. The USA/Canada map only has "Shopping Centers" in the POI's.

I'm jealous that PS has a 2GB on his/her ONE :(

fanchee, can you sleep knowing you can get this done but have to wait cuz you didn't bring your stuff with you on your road trip? :D

2GB SD cards are pretty cheap these days. You can get one for $20 or less (try buy.com-$14.95 free shipping with rebates and meritline.com-$19.95 free shipping).

So I finally got this done and it worked! Thanks to everyone who has helped! Now my question is... what is my itn folder and cleanup.txt? I haven't copied those 2 things over yet only because I am not exactly sure what they are. I did copy over my mapsettings.cfg and my sdkregistry folder for my custom menu. And of course my custom POI files.

So I finally got this done and it worked! Thanks to everyone who has helped! Now my question is... what is my itn folder and cleanup.txt? I haven't copied those 2 things over yet only because I am not exactly sure what they are. I did copy over my mapsettings.cfg and my sdkregistry folder for my custom menu. And of course my custom POI files.
itn is your saved Itineraries. cleanup.txt runs Suntime I think.

Ok, thanks. I didn't have any saved itineraries and don't have suntime installed yet. So I won't bother copying those over. Thanks again.

Ok, thanks. I didn't have any saved itineraries and don't have suntime installed yet. So I won't bother copying those over. Thanks again.

How do you install suntime or tripmaster for that matter. The instruction says to copy the unzipped files into the "Content" directory, but I don't see any "Content" directory or folder. The only folders under TomTom Home are: help, Html, Resources, and Transaltions. Are they asking us to just create a folder (sub-directory) Content? Please help!

Ask a Question