No Maps Found.Tried evrything with no luck

After getting a 2 mb sd card for my xl and downloading the NA maps and doing everything that i have read on this site i get stuck at no maps found screen.
I put the backup of the original xl system and usa_can maps of the card it worked fine.I then deleted the usa_can maps folder and installed the NA maps through TTHome.It went smoothly:mad: and after it was done i restarted the xl and all i get is no maps found.
I'm i doing something wrong or could it be a bad SD card?
Any help will be greatly accepted.Thanks

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
After getting a 2 mb sd card for my xl and downloading the NA maps and doing everything that i have read on this site i get stuck at no maps found screen.
I put the backup of the original xl system and usa_can maps of the card it worked fine.I then deleted the usa_can maps folder and installed the NA maps through TTHome.It went smoothly:mad: and after it was done i restarted the xl and all i get is no maps found.
I'm i doing something wrong or could it be a bad SD card?
Any help will be greatly accepted.Thanks

Did you leave the tomtom application & system files on the card? I believe that model requires it. (also, what size is your NA map to get it to fit on the 2 gig card --- and leave the system software there?)

Anyway, if indeed the system files, application & map are all on the card, try a reset with a paper clip and see whether the unit 'discovers' the map.

All the files were left on the card the way it worked.Only removed the us_can map folder.I have the 910 maps as they fit on the card.Any other ideas what is going on?

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-S
Did you do a pin reset after putting the NA maps on? When you look at the unit, do you see the north_america folder? And inside that folder you should see a bunch of files...?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 720
Try just removing the us canada map not the folder then install the NA map in that folder and rename tthe folder NORTH AMERICA. Worth a try. This does not make sence.

Wait did you unzip the map after it was downloaded. It was downloaded in a zip file so it needs unpacked before use.

Ad

Advertisements

Yes i tried the reset and i have tried both a complete install from TThome and also just tried unziping the pre installed files and putting then in the correct folder.No matter what is always "no maps".I can copy the usa_can maps back to the card and its fine again???

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question