No Maps Found.Tried evrything with no luck

After getting a 2 mb sd card for my xl and downloading the NA maps and doing everything that i have read on this site i get stuck at no maps found screen.
I put the backup of the original xl system and usa_can maps of the card it worked fine.I then deleted the usa_can maps folder and installed the NA maps through TTHome.It went smoothly:mad: and after it was done i restarted the xl and all i get is no maps found.
I'm i doing something wrong or could it be a bad SD card?
Any help will be greatly accepted.Thanks

After getting a 2 mb sd card for my xl and downloading the NA maps and doing everything that i have read on this site i get stuck at no maps found screen.
I put the backup of the original xl system and usa_can maps of the card it worked fine.I then deleted the usa_can maps folder and installed the NA maps through TTHome.It went smoothly:mad: and after it was done i restarted the xl and all i get is no maps found.
I'm i doing something wrong or could it be a bad SD card?
Any help will be greatly accepted.Thanks

Did you leave the tomtom application & system files on the card? I believe that model requires it. (also, what size is your NA map to get it to fit on the 2 gig card --- and leave the system software there?)

Anyway, if indeed the system files, application & map are all on the card, try a reset with a paper clip and see whether the unit 'discovers' the map.

All the files were left on the card the way it worked.Only removed the us_can map folder.I have the 910 maps as they fit on the card.Any other ideas what is going on?

Did you do a pin reset after putting the NA maps on? When you look at the unit, do you see the north_america folder? And inside that folder you should see a bunch of files...?

Try just removing the us canada map not the folder then install the NA map in that folder and rename tthe folder NORTH AMERICA. Worth a try. This does not make sence.

Wait did you unzip the map after it was downloaded. It was downloaded in a zip file so it needs unpacked before use.

Yes i tried the reset and i have tried both a complete install from TThome and also just tried unziping the pre installed files and putting then in the correct folder.No matter what is always "no maps".I can copy the usa_can maps back to the card and its fine again???

Ask a Question