Has anyone tried this mount?

I made a similar mount myself using a right angle RadioShack cigar lighter plug which I bought several years ago, and a metal plate that the GPS attaches to. Works fine, but the only possible negative is that since it is lower down you need to take your eyes off of the road to look at it.

You also want to make sure that with the mount not being either on the windshield or on the dash that it can still receive the satellite signal.

Just to follow up. I went ahead and bought this mount from MountGuys. (Unsolicited comment) Very fast delivery.

In my car, I had to play around a bit with the angles to get it just right, but it does what is expected, holds the TT1 at a good angle where I can view it without taking my eyes off the road too much. I'm getting a good signal positioned where it is, and it isn't interfering with my stick shift.

I drive a Miata and space is very limited, so this seems to work pretty well for me without costing an arm and a leg.

Just to follow up. I went ahead and bought this mount from MountGuys. (Unsolicited comment) Very fast delivery.

In my car, I had to play around a bit with the angles to get it just right, but it does what is expected, holds the TT1 at a good angle where I can view it without taking my eyes off the road too much. I'm getting a good signal positioned where it is, and it isn't interfering with my stick shift.

I drive a Miata and space is very limited, so this seems to work pretty well for me without costing an arm and a leg.

Sounds like the mount worked out.

Can you share some pictures?

May I suggest something less obvious?
$10.99 Slim vent mount w/ quick removal feature from BestBuy. Will certainly give you cleaner look.
________
Park Royal 1 Prathumnak Pattaya

Attachments

• clip.JPG
    clip.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 506
  • clip1.JPG
    clip1.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 505
  • front 1.JPG
    front 1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 449
  • passenger.JPG
    passenger.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi No Clue,
Looks pretty cool. One question. Do you have to permanently stick something to the back of your tomtom with that holder? When I take mine out of the car I put it in the OEM tomtom case, which is already a custom fit.

Thanks for the info.

Hi No Clue,
Looks pretty cool. One question. Do you have to permanently stick something to the back of your tomtom with that holder? When I take mine out of the car I put it in the OEM tomtom case, which is already a custom fit.

Thanks for the info.

see the clip.jpg I provided on last post.
It come w/ 3M double side tape to secure that little clip in place.

In other word, you can sell your OEM windshield mount on ebay. :)
(I meant, its useless anyway if you live in Cali)
________
Ocean View Condos Prathumnak

Last edited:
Just bought one..

Got one coming from Ebay. Identical and the price is also the same. Going to put it on my Goldwing to hold my One XL. Will have to put another lighter socket somewhere on the dash as the first one has my MP3 plugged in. Should be interesting....:)

Ask a Question