Travel times: TT vs Mapquest

How does TT determine travel times from point A to B and why is there at least a 10-15% difference between what TT and Mapquest report for the same route. (101-15% for a 10 hour trip is a significant difference.)

TT Times do not seem accurate

My experience is that my TT One calculates time on the long side compared to most other systems. I did a trip this weekend where the TT predicted about 3 hours of travel time and I was able to do in in less than 2 1/2 hours. Granted I didn't have heavy traffic to deal with and did exceed the speed limit a bit (but only a bit). I have seen this same over estimation on most other occasions. So I can say that on balance I think the TT over estimates time. My previous GPS unit was a Garman V... not exactly high-tech by todays standards... but it was more accurate in estimating travel time.

I have found the TomTom at times to overestimate by as much as three hours. It is most noticeable on non-interstate highways, and pretty much all of Canada.

Ask a Question