Transferring favorites from a Tomtom GO to a Tomtom ONE

I have backed up on my computer my favorites from my old Tomtom GO 910. I have now bought a Tomtom ONE version 4.

The Tomtom help desk said I could not transfer my Favourites over from the GO to the ONE. Is that true, or does anyone out there know a way of doing it?

Roger

Transferring the mapsettings.cfg file (where favourites are kept) from one model's map folder to another's usually does cause a problem..What many do is this: Download poi edit, a program from PoiEdit - Main.

Now, open your mapsettings.cfg file from the map on the old unit in poi edit. You will see all your favourites as points listed. Save each one as a point in a custom poi category you create, such as _my_favourites.ov2

The _ at the beginning will cause that category to 'float to the top' of your poi category listings. Now, save the custom poi category with your former favourites in them in the specific map folder of the new unit. You should see each favourite listed that way.

Ask a Question