Transfer POI'S from old 750 to a newer model

Hi Guys ( n'gals)
I have a 750 with hundreds of my own POI'S and I'm thinking of upgrading to a newer model but as it uses "Mydrive" I'm worried I won't be able to transfer the POI'S across as your unable to access the files on the newer stuff. Any help ?

You use MyDrive with the newer models. I've attached a link to the video how to use it. But be forewarned that you can only upload one ov2 file at a time and no associated .bmp files or sound files can be done; further, pois on the newer models do NOT show up in the driving view though you can search for them.

You use MyDrive with the newer models. I've attached a link to the video how to use it. But be forewarned that you can only upload one ov2 file at a time and no associated .bmp files or sound files can be done; further, pois on the newer models do NOT show up in the driving view though you can search for them.

So it's a no go realistically then, I probably have 14 POI categories with hundreds of POIs in some of them, ( I'm a European truck driver ).looks like I'll be staying with the old kit then !! Thanks for your help though, much appreciated.

No, not a no-go, just a bit of a pain. Each of the 14 categories (each of the 14 *.ov2 files) is uploaded individually to MyDrive Connect, which then transfers them to your device.

Thanks canderson, at least I know it can be done but instead of dragging the whole lot over in one go I'll have to set aside a bit of time.

I do 10 'freshened' ones every week, and it takes only a couple of minutes, tops.

Those .ov2s show up at the bottom of your MyPlaces list but without the ov2 extension.
Tapping on one category will open the "Search" screen and list all of them by distance from current location (only one category is displayed at any time).
Tapping one of them then will open the 'drive to' screen, to be proceeded as with any other destination.

Ask a Question