Traffic in Canada

From posts below, it appears the Bluetooth traffic does not cover Canada.

When I "faked" my location as Toronto in HOME, it showed PLUS (bluetooth) traffic in Buffalo, but nothing in Toronto.

Sorry to be daft, but how do I use the file in the link to update the Tom Tom? Updater does not find the unzipped version on my desktop.

Clicking the link yields a screen to download the cab file. (or should).

Say yes to SAVE it and dl it (I have it set to dl to a temp folder on my computer).

Now, goto the location where you have the cab file saved and use Winrar to extract the folders/files to your unit, overwriting what is there.

You should wind up with the 8.014 application installed.

Before doing any of the above, make a backup using Explorer of your unit's contents first.

Has anyone seen any updates about Canada getting Live Traffic??

I see no posts since July last year... just curious if anyone has seen anything on this or not? I am downloading the iPhone version of TomTom now. I see the live traffic package for in the US, but nothing for Canada... anyone around the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) get any spillage into the area for Traffic??

The only traffic for Canada is rds-tmc, not Plus or Live.

In fact, on TomTom's Canada site, as it scrolls through the images about the app for the iphone, one of the images says (in small print) tt traffic by subscription only available in US.

Last edited:
I have a few hand held models for which I've used a rds-tmc antenna. Works ok in the GTA. Better than nothing. While my wife does have an iPhone, there is no TT app loaded on it.

As you know, the iPhone must be attached to the dash or windshield (which is why I see your posts about a mounting device, I'm sure).

Have you tried this site?

Thank you for the info. Yes I bought the magellan mount for my wife's touch, this way we both have it. I am really hoping they will add Traffic HD to Canada. I don't see why they don't. Google maps has traffic in it for all the main roads in Mississauga, even like Kennedy road. I had bought the Navigon app, but hated it. Requested a refund as it did not perform as described and I had issues with it. So far the TomTom app is working well, but I miss having the traffic. navi's though was not a good live traffic only had it for the 401 and no other roads in my area!

Oh well fingers crossed! Maybe I will start a facebook group to get it here in Canada!! Hey amazing what facebook can do, look at Betty White!! LOL!!

Thanks again!

macman_canada

TomTom hasn't even made HD Traffic available in the States so I don't think you'll ever see it here.

When you consider that the rds-tmc info is just for four cities in Canada............

Ask a Question