1535m live question - Traffic in US AND Canada?

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom 340t
hi i am thinking of buying a 1535m live, do i get traffic situation outside toronto like in florida?...... how bout the apps like yelp, tripadvisor etc. can it be used anywhere in north america ?

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
No and no. The LIVE Services will only work in Canada as the telecom here is Rogers while AT&T is used for LIVE Services in USA models.

No roaming agreements like we have in Europe?

No, sadly. TomTom simply won't pay the freight in North America.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, most Canadians would be inclined to use LIVE services in the States (if available), not Canada.

thanks for the answer, so what if i get my unit in the US will i be able to use it there then? coz like you said i'll be using it more in the US than here in Canada.

A LIVE model bought in the US comes with free services for a year that will work there, yes.

ok let's say my free subscription is up and i wanna continue, how do we do it canadians? i guess pricing is still the same around 60 bucks a year. can we pay using canadian credit cards? thanks dhn for your answer.

A unit bought in Canada (1535 LIVE) has a sim card geared to the Rogers network. After a year of free service, you must renew ($60) using the tomtom unit. It WON'T work in the States.

A unit bought in the States can have the service renewed after a year but it will still only work in the USA.

You can call CS at 866-486-6866 to work through the renewal process.

Hi dhn, I was recently in the us. I am living in Toronto Canada. My GPS broke while I was there, so I went into the BB there and bought a Tom Tom 1535m. I was sure to tell the lady I was living in canada. She assured me that I would have no issues with the GPS and the warranty. When I arrived I realised no live services. I called tt and they said they would replace it with one that would work in Canada. When I received the new replacement same problem. Now they said they had to 'escalate' my case and resolve it. What are the odds that I will get this resolved?

Quite good, actually, since they agreed to send you one with a Rogers SIM card in it. It's probably just a matter of getting service activated for the new unit.

Quite good, actually, since they agreed to send you one with a Rogers SIM card in it. It's probably just a matter of getting service activated for the new unit.

Thanks for the reply Anderson, they did say it was supposed to work and they did try to activate the sim but said it had to go above him. I was just worried they sent another American one. Is there any way to tell?

If you go to Settings-->Connections-->Network, can you post the long (about 13 characters) id of the sim card here?

Hmm......

Mine starts with 8988216 and I AM on the Rogers network.

Canderson may be able to figure out if your card seems ok.

What does your MCC/MNC value show? Mine is 302720.

Hmm......

Mine starts with 8988216 and I AM on the Rogers network.

Canderson may be able to figure out if your card seems ok.

What does your MCC/MNC value show? Mine is 302720.

It is blank. It also says network connection not connected. But still locked on to 9 sats.

You'll need to pursue the sim card problem with CS at 866-486-6866. Ask for a 2nd level support person or a supervisor. Don't wait for them to get back to you.

They've sent him one with another AT&T SIM card. Can't believe they don't know what they've done by the number. E.g., mine is 8901650 ... ditto.

They've sent him one with another AT&T SIM card. Can't believe they don't know what they've done by the number. E.g., mine is 8901650 ... ditto.

I called them again today and they told me that they are having problems with go live services and that is why it is taking so long to resolve. She said that it is likely that my sim card will be replaced. She said by the end of the week I should be contacted. I will be going back to the us begining of July, do you think it will be resolved by then?

Who knows? Candidly, TomTom has never been very good at meeting any time deadlines recently...........

Ask a Question