TomTom910 constantly reboots

My 910 has just been in for repair and had a new main board. It returned with app ver of 7.161 but the version in the device said 7.163. I restored my last backup which included app 7.162 but the machine now only works fine when connected to my PC. Off the PC it hangs then eventually reboots, constantly. I've tried removing the application, detaching from TomTomHome, reinstalling the application then running the Clear Flash Tool but to no avail. I've also allowed TTHome to install app 6.525, which it does the first time it connects to the PC after having the app removed. The 910 works fine then but doesn't have all functionality. I then let it update in TTHome and it installed 7.161 and the problem returned.
Help !
Thanks, Andy.

Ran CHKDSK on HDD in 910. Found 26 errors that were fixed, restored last backup again, all apparently OK now.

Last edited:
Have you done a pin reset after removing it from the computer ? I have found my 910 will start hanging up without anything havering been done to it - the reset usually clears it up.

If this doesn't help, and other posts don't help you get it working - call TT support.

My 910 has just been in for repair and had a new main board. It returned with app ver of 7.161 but the version in the device said 7.163. I restored my last backup which included app 7.162 but the machine now only works fine when connected to my PC. Off the PC it hangs then eventually reboots, constantly. I've tried removing the application, detaching from TomTomHome, reinstalling the application then running the Clear Flash Tool but to no avail. I've also allowed TTHome to install app 6.525, which it does the first time it connects to the PC after having the app removed. The 910 works fine then but doesn't have all functionality. I then let it update in TTHome and it installed 7.161 and the problem returned.
Help !
Thanks, Andy.

Ran CHKDSK on HDD in 910. Found 26 errors that were fixed, restored last backup again, all apparently OK now.

Computer voices didn't work after restore, and probably didn't before. Copied the TTS voices onto TomTom over existing files, no joy, then copied the whole LoquendoTTS folder over that on TomTom and they worked again.

Ask a Question