TomTom XXL 550SE can't navigate to lat/lon

TomTom XXL 550SE

This is my first GPS. After figuring out how to navigate to an address the SECOND thing I tried to figure out was how to navigate to a latitude/longitude. The on-line manual says you can do it ( http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/xxl/ReferenceGuide-US/refman/TomTom-XXL-en-US.pdf ) but the XXL 550SE menu doesn't include the same options as the manual. I called tomtom technical support...the tech said that tomtom was working on an update that should be ready in a couple of weeks.....be patient and keep checking the updates.

VERY disappointing.

The manual lies, if that's what it says. None of the EasyMenu (two button) TomTom models have any coordinate function in the user interface. It's one of the several reasons I would not be in the market for an EasyMenu model like the XXL550.

You'll note that the illustrations show a "6 button" front panel, whereas yours is "2 button". That XXL manual that you found appears to apply to the XXL530, 535 and 540 models, but not the 550.

Ask a Question