TomTom Via series

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730 x 3
Can anyone tell me if the new Via series TomToms allow colour scheme changes?

I understand that POI additions can be added using the new "My TomTom" online app. but I thought you may not be able to modify files as in the older models using windows explorer (New TomToms written with Linux?)

Is the new My TomTom app. as bad as the previous home which insists on updating navcore when all I want is a map update?

Is My TomTom backward compatible to older tomtom models ie GO 730, 930?

Greg

Can anyone tell me if the new Via series TomToms allow colour scheme changes?
Yes.

I understand that POI additions can be added using the new "My TomTom" online app. but I thought you may not be able to modify files as in the older models using windows explorer (New TomToms written with Linux?)
No - no access to the file system now.

Is the new My TomTom app. as bad as the previous home which insists on updating navcore when all I want is a map update?
Not sure how this will play out. It CAN be controlled to do that. What approach TomTom takes to this in the future is still TBD.

Is My TomTom backward compatible to older tomtom models ie GO 730, 930?
No. You'll still need Home for the older models, and MyTomTom for the new ones. MyTomTom is looking for a faux NIC, and Home still looks for a USB device. Although the new models are USB connected, there is bridge software that is causing the OS to manage it as a network device.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Looks like I may need to hone up some programming skills.

I am already nursing my old GO's along.

Regards,

Greg

Here's what you can add with "Add community content" on MyTomTom;

MyTT_Add_Community_Content_all.jpg

Ask a Question