TomTom Suport, yeah right!

TomTom Model(s)
none
I just tried to contact support on the live chat, I was getting a message saying i was number 6 in the queue and the average wait was 10 minutes after about 5 minutes i was number 4 but now the average wait was 8 minutes after another 10 minutes i was number three with a wait of guess what, 10 minutes, finaly after another 5 mintutes i was number 2, I stayed there for a good 10 minutes and then tomtom closed the chat because no one was available and advised me to try again later.
Some years ago i had a TomTom One, so i decided to email my question, but couldnt rember my password, so requested a new one, Put it in the link, got a confirmation email to say it was succesful, and guess what ! It wont regognise it. I tried again an hour later and it still wont regognise it, so i went through the whole thing again, and again got a confirmation email, and again guess what! It wont regognise it. Ah Well, it is TomTom i suppose.:rolleyes:
Anyway my question was related to the fuel cash back promotion. Is it only through specified retailers or is for any new tomtom bought in the UK? Does anyone know, i was thinking of buying the GO 825 from John Lewis at £199,99, but does anyone know of a better deal from a reputable outlet. ( I dont like `dodgy` ebay type buys) :confused:

Rotten support

:mad:
Will TomTom ever get real? They have taken £40 out of my bank for two downloads which both failed. There is no support and no contact for this. So I am that much poorer and have nothing to show for it.
I want my money back. How do I get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway my question was related to the fuel cash back promotion. Is it only through specified retailers or is for any new tomtom bought in the UK? Does anyone know, i was thinking of buying the GO 825 from John Lewis at £199,99, but does anyone know of a better deal from a reputable outlet. ( I dont like `dodgy` ebay type buys) :confused:

I don't think John Lewis is included in the promotion.

If you go to the TT website and hunt around the pages describing the fuel promotion there is a "where to buy" page (at http://map-paradise.tomtom.com/en_gb/promotion/retailers/)

it only mentions Amazon, Argos, Halfords, Comet and Currys.

:mad:
(TT) have taken £40 out of my bank for two downloads which both failed. There is no support and no contact for this.

In what way is there no support or contact?
Have you tried ringing the UK support number 0845 161 0009?
(I've seen 020 7387 5444 listed as an alternative, but have not used that one myself).

Is it too late to ask HOW your downloads failed? It might not be anything to do with TomTom, and we might be able to help.

EDIT: Just realised this is a duplicate post (earlier one here...) please don't post the same question in two places as it gets confusing with multiple answers.

Last edited:

Ask a Question