tomtom recall

TomTom Model(s)
One v2
Just got back from my local Radio Shack, looking to buy another Tomtom for my wife. The guy told me tomtom is getting ready to recall some of the units due to a circuit problem. Radio Shack sent back all the units they had in stock. Has anyone hear of this?

Any clue as-to which model(s) are involved in the recall? or the nature of the defect? (If you've seen my other posts you'll know why I'm asking). Thanx

Right around the Christmas holiday, alot of people were having problems with their new TT1s. If I remember correctly, the unit would turn on, but it would just freeze at a white screen. Apparently it only affected a certain batch with certain serial numbers. A forum search can probably come up with the related threads. I dont know if the supposed recall is because of that issue, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The problem was with the TomTom One 3rd edition. A lot of units were returned and replaced prior to a patch being issued. My understanding is that the parch was successful and TomTom are currently recalling units sold to retailers prior to the fix so that customers are not forced to patch after purchase.

Help me replace defective device

The problem was with the TomTom One 3rd edition. A lot of units were returned and replaced prior to a patch being issued. My understanding is that the parch was successful and TomTom are currently recalling units sold to retailers prior to the fix so that customers are not forced to patch after purchase.

I evidently got two of the devices for recall. First one was exchanged by retailer. Second one froze just as described, but retailer said to send it back to Tom Tom,m who will not answer phone calls to support. After three calls where I held for over an hour, spoke to a human. This person placed me on hold for a tech guy for another 30 minutes. I gave him my reference number and he said to send the device back, but that I must include an email they would send me. NO EMAIL ever CAME!

It appears that they have no plan to replace the defective devices. I am angry that I can get no respnse from support. Can't afford to throw away over $300 for a device that will not work. Any suggestions?

I evidently got two of the devices for recall. First one was exchanged by retailer. Second one froze just as described, but retailer said to send it back to Tom Tom,m who will not answer phone calls to support. After three calls where I held for over an hour, spoke to a human. This person placed me on hold for a tech guy for another 30 minutes. I gave him my reference number and he said to send the device back, but that I must include an email they would send me. NO EMAIL ever CAME!

It appears that they have no plan to replace the defective devices. I am angry that I can get no respnse from support. Can't afford to throw away over $300 for a device that will not work. Any suggestions?

TomTom will honor the warranty if need be. Go to www.tomtom.com/home and download the new version of TTHome (run the version on the left). Run an update and your TT will be fixed with version 7.166. I guess you expect to get right thru to C Support after the holidays? Run this fix and enjoy you tomtom.

Yeah, he had to have. We haven't had hour long hold times since January. When the main que is backed up, all the other ques are backed up as well. Like the last person said, download Home 2.2 and update your unit and it'll fix the issue, then if it doesn't call Tech Support back and they'll homor your warranty.

Ask a Question