TOMTom probs still more :(

HI all thanks for all previous advise.

I got from amazon, all sealed up a TOMTOM ONE XL

so some questions and probs

1> box says 512mb interna memory, the TT undershowversion says 32meg ???????

2> the TT came with an SD SIM with the maps, which all appears to work. but I dont ever remember my previous one did not have any SD, both boxes exactly the same, but it asks for the SIM to be inserted

3> I cant seem to set up in set owner the pin, it points me to TT home, I downloaded it, but the "icon" for MY ONE XL is not there TT home version 2.6

There is an icon to operate my device, which brings up a TT, but it asks for activation codes, which I understand I dont need

here is some of the spec

AK8AG ASDS6

version app 8.010
os 190943
32meg ran
v675.1409

Am confused, all seems to work though execpt for above :)

1) Think of the 32 mb reference as how much memory you have on your computer: 512 megs, 1 gig, etc. Think of the 512 mb as to how much SPACE you have on your hard drive in your computer: 80 gigs, 160, etc.

2)There are a bunch of models referred to as one xl. See this link from pocketgpsworld for further information. Yours sounds like the UK model with 512 mb of internal storage AND an sd card. A previous model with a similar name may not have had a sd card or slot.

3) In my version of Home, Preferences-->About page 6 or 7 is Set Owner. That's where you supply the pin.

The application version (8.01) is much newer than your map which appears to be 6.75. If the unit is new and within 30 days of first use, you are eligible for the latest map for your model. It may be that the map is so old, it just isn't working well with the Home version either.

Others will clarify, I'm sure, but there is a link to older versions of Home here . Scroll down the screen, right side at the bottom for earlier versions of Home. you may have more success uninstalling the latest and trying with the older version.

Hi DHN,

Thanks for the help.

ok still probs, so

1) Think of the 32 mb reference as how much memory you have on your computer: 512 megs, 1 gig, etc. Think of the 512 mb as to how much SPACE you have on your hard drive in your computer: 80 gigs, 160, etc.

I think this is bad advertising, it states 512mB of internal memory, my TT does not have the 512 specified no the box, it only has 32Mb, it wont work without a SD card hence it cant have any internal memory, it uses the SD card as a memory stick, which it then uses.

This I think is really bad advertising.

2)There are a bunch of models referred to as one xl. See this link from pocketgpsworld for further information. Yours sounds like the UK model with 512 mb of internal storage AND an sd card. A previous model with a similar name may not have had a sd card or slot.

yep thanks for the link, it is the UK model, with an SD card and no flash memory, it wont work on its own without a SD card. My previous model did not need an SD card I have kept the previous packaging and its all the same other than the serial numbers.

My unit came of Amazon, but it was sealed and all the bits in it looked exactly as it should have from the other older one. So I cant blame the supplier.

3) In my version of Home, Preferences-->About page 6 or 7 is Set Owner. That's where you supply the pin.

In preferances the set PIN is done by set owner but is pointed to do this by TT home, TT HOME does not have MY ONE XL as an option.

The application version (8.01) is much newer than your map which appears to be 6.75. If the unit is new and within 30 days of first use, you are eligible for the latest map for your model. It may be that the map is so old, it just isn't working well with the Home version either.

It did an auto update of the map for the app and also Home, it also shown 2 TT's by old one and this new one, the account asked if I wanted to transfer the settings which I did.

The LMG does not work it complains something about no updates? or similar. It is a brand new unit the SD was in a sealed container and I still have the recipt.

Others will clarify, I'm sure, but there is a link to older versions of Home here . Scroll down the screen, right side at the bottom for earlier versions of Home. you may have more success uninstalling the latest and trying with the older version.

I tried that but to be honest I could not get the links to try the earlier 2. versions, I had a REALLY early version that came with the TT but to be honest that didnt work either.

ON both homes there is a my TT, but it asks for an auth code? (sorry bout the bad description) points me to ttcode.com if I dont have this, but nowhere can I find a code to decode it.

I'm a bit upset buying a new unit which appears to be out of date

a new update map is about ?39, I dont really want to update this, unless I know it will work either

all I wanna do is just set a pin on my TT to help stop if it is stolen again

pls someone help :( :(

here is a debug listing

Profile folder = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\4nnigsxq.default
Installation folder = C:\TomTom HOME 2
Plugins folder = C:\TomTom HOME 2\xul\plugins
Data folder = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\TomTom\HOME
Version = 2.6.2.1586
Language = en-GB
User name = **
Login status = User is logged in
Server = https://home.tomtom.com/redir/
Connection settings = Direct connection to the Internet (default)
Installed add-ons = Map status indicator 1.6, TomTom HOME default theme 1.0.1, Emulator 8.010.9369.1
Name = TomTom ONE XL
Device Code = **
Serial number = **
Capabilities = Bluetooth CarSymbol Caymann Durham HDTraffic HomeBackup Itinerary Newyork Newyork1Dot6 NotAutomotiveEmbedded PhoneFeatures PhotoBMPViewer PhotoJPGViewer PlusBuddies PlusDownloadDynamic PlusDownloadGeneral PlusDownloadMap PlusDownloadPOI PlusDownloadRingTone PlusDownloadScheme PlusDownloadUpgrade PlusDownloadVoice PlusEphemeris PlusFixedSafetyCameras PlusFuelPrices PlusMessageNotification PlusMobileSafetyCameras PlusOnlineCamera PlusPushChannel PlusRoadConditions PlusTraffic PlusTripReporting PlusWeather Prague RDSTMC SDSlot StartupImage SuspendImage screensize=480x272
Storage devices = Memory Card (J:) - Active
Installed Items = program/Navigator 8.010, startupscreen/splashw 1, suspendscreen/antitheftw 1, voice/English(UK) - Tim 4, voice/English(UK) - Jane 4, voice/English(AUS) - Ken 4, voice/English(US) - Lori 4, voice/English(US) - Bonnie 4, voice/English(US) - Richard 4, voice/English(US) - Mandy 4, voice/Bulgarian - Marius 4, voice/Mandarin(Taiwan) 4, voice/Hoklo 4, voice/Mandarin 5, zipcode/GreatbritainPostal_TeleAtlas 604, ephemeris/Ephemeris 1241792960, carsymbol/SportsCar1 1, map/United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 675.1409, poi/Safety_Cam_UK_60_TomTom 501, poi/Safety_Cam_UK_70_TomTom 501, poi/Safety_Cam_UK_Other_TomTom 501, poi/Safety_Cam_UK_30_TomTom 501, poi/Safety_Cam_UK_40_TomTom 501, poi/Safety_Cam_UK_50_TomTom 501
Error incident IDs =
* Computer info:

Operating system: Windows XP (build 2600, Service Pack 3)
Free memory: 62816256 bytes
User home directory: "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\"
Home volume space: 11524 / 19085 MB
Temporary directory: "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\"
Temp volume space: 11524 / 19085 MB
Install directory: "C:\TomTom HOME 2\xulrunner\"
Install volume space: 11524 / 19085 MB
External volume devices: J: [TOMTOM DISK] 80 / 240 MB
OS login name: "USER ID"
Host name: "playback-13a9f1"
Date and time: 2009-05-04 18:20:25

* HOME info:

DLL Version: 2.6.2.1586
MapShare DLL Version: 2.6.2.1586
Language: en-GB

* Connected device: "TomTom ONE XL"

ID: "***
Type: "**"
Serial: "****

MapShare information:
Patch format version: 2.4
Map patch downloads: false
POI patch downloads: false
Feedback email address:
Patches to upload: 0
POI Subscriptions:

ttgo.bif file contents:
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
DeviceSerialNumber=***
DeviceUniqueID=***
RamDiskVersion=20080529
BootLoaderVersion=53026
LinuxVersion=190943
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
UserLanguage=English UK
UserName=***
LastConnectionTime=Never
GPSFirmwareVersion=
BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
BuiltInColorScheme2=America
BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=3
CurrentVoiceInfo=Bonnie
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland
CurrentMapVersion=675.1409
CurrentHomeLocation=***
Traffic=N
CurrentFuelpricesType=
CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=
CurrentFuelpricesLastFullUpdate=
Features=PlusDownloadDynamic,PlusDownloadGeneral,PlusDownloadMap,PlusDownloadPOI,PlusDownloadScheme,PlusDownloadUpgrade,PlusDownloadVoice,PlusDownloadRingTone,PlusMessageNotification,PlusPushChannel,PlusTraffic,PlusWeather,PlusEphemeris,PlusBuddies,PlusMobileSafetyCameras,PlusRoadConditions,PlusFixedSafetyCameras,PlusFuelPrices,HDTraffic,PlusOnlineCamera,PlusTripReporting,HomeBackup,PhotoJPGViewer,PhotoBMPViewer,Newyork,Newyork1Dot6,Itinerary,Caymann,Durham,PhoneFeatures,CarSymbol,RDSTMC,Prague,Bluetooth,SDSlot
SupportedPatchTypes=1F
NrSupportedErrorTypes=132
UserPatchDatVersion=102
CompressedPatchVersion=150
MapServerPatchDatVersion=104
DeletedPoiDatVersion=200
ServerLineIndexDatVersion=102
ServerNameIndexDatVersion=102
MapShareSupportedProviders=203
CharacterSet=Latin-1

tthome.bif file contents:
[TomTomHOME]
UserName=***
IL #1: 'Memory Card' 80 free/240 total MB Block Size 2048 Media Name 'InternalMemory' serial $101c3f19, Writable

Last edited by a moderator:
Your old one probably didnt have external memory. And there is more then just a map on the internal memory, the application, pictures, voices, etc etc. So its an assumption that the SD card is for maps, the internal memory is for internal functions. 32 Meg will generally signify how much processing memory is has (a geek thing)...

Your map is out of date. You are working with 675. While the latest is 825. Which if I'm not mistaken would make your map 1 1/2+ years old. This is due mostly impart to the supplier letting it sit around for quite a while. This is why tomtom has the 30 day map guarentee...I dont know if this will solve any of your problems or not.

The ttcode is confusing me. Have you tried actually calling Tomtom? The tech support has been pretty good to me. Email works alright too. I will tell you though I have a Tomtom XL and the latest application with the latest home (app 8.014 home 2.6) and for the longest time the Operate me XL didnt work right. I found that my computer simply needed to be rebooted. And yes for the XL you use home to turn the PIN function on and off..

Oh, and you are nuts if you think having a PIN will keep people from stealing it! Do you think they will steal it and then return it when they cant get it too work? The only way to keep people from stealing it is to not leave it in your vehicle when you arent in it. Or at the very least keep in out of sight while.

Also edit your last post. I can see your email address and even the Home location that I'm assuming is where you live. Someone a little more savvy could probably do something not good with that plus the rest of that information...

Hi mate,

unfort. I did not know "then" how to check memory, it was never an issue, I know the UK maps all came as standard pre-loaded, so it must have had more than 32meg.

Your old one probably didnt have external memory. And there is more then just a map on the internal memory, the application, pictures, voices, etc etc. So its an assumption that the SD card is for maps, the internal memory is for internal functions. 32 Meg will generally signify how much processing memory is has (a geek thing)...

ok, that makes sense,

Your map is out of date. You are working with 675. While the latest is 825. Which if I'm not mistaken would make your map 1 1/2+ years old. This is due mostly impart to the supplier letting it sit around for quite a while. This is why tomtom has the 30 day map guarentee...I dont know if this will solve any of your problems or not.

I've done all manner of things, uninstalling, reinstalling,
mind you on my work PC, I run home (its an earlier verson, it has all the map-updates etc so its defo a newer map, I wonder if I can export it to my new TT, will also see if the home work better

The ttcode is confusing me. Have you tried actually calling Tomtom? The tech support has been pretty good to me. Email works alright too. I will tell you though I have a Tomtom XL and the latest application with the latest home (app 8.014 home 2.6) and for the longest time the Operate me XL didnt work right. I found that my computer simply needed to be rebooted. And yes for the XL you use home to turn the PIN function on and off..

Oh, and you are nuts if you think having a PIN will keep people from stealing it! Do you think they will steal it and then return it when they cant get it too work? The only way to keep people from stealing it is to not leave it in your vehicle when you arent in it. Or at the very least keep in out of sight while.

Soory gramma, what I ment was, if it is stolen, its harder to use? surly you need to have the pin to use it, and you can only set it unset it from TT home? unless a factory reset will do this.

thanks for de advise

yep cheers, looks like DHN has done it

ta

Also edit your last post. I can see your email address and even the Home location that I'm assuming is where you live. Someone a little more savvy could probably do something not good with that plus the rest of that information...

So if I understand this thread right, the only unresolved problem you have is the map.

Tomtom removed SD slots from its XL product line in 2008. So you have a device that was sitting on the supplier's shelf for at least 1.25 years.

That is why HOME's Latest Map Guarantee function won't work, it only works with the most recently sold models. Tomtom phone support will still honor the Latest Map Guarantee. You have to call phone support within 30 days of purchase, and fax them a copy of your receipt. They will immediately add the latest map 825 to your HOME account and will walk you through the steps to download it to your tomtom.

Hi MVL,

thanks man, thats a great idea,

I still have the issue with the PIN not being set , but hopefully, latest map may help?
cant see how though

So if I understand this thread right, the only unresolved problem you have is the map.

Tomtom removed SD slots from its XL product line in 2008. So you have a device that was sitting on the supplier's shelf for at least 1.25 years.

That is why HOME's Latest Map Guarantee function won't work, it only works with the most recently sold models. Tomtom phone support will still honor the Latest Map Guarantee. You have to call phone support within 30 days of purchase, and fax them a copy of your receipt. They will immediately add the latest map 825 to your HOME account and will walk you through the steps to download it to your tomtom.

MVL, you should be aware that a section of TomTom's LMG disclaimer indicates that the Latest Map is not guaranteed for devices purchased with a map more than one year old. I'll dig it up for you if you don't see it right off.

Last edited:
Gator.....

The info in this link implies, anyway, that the one xl model may be restricted to age of existing maps. Doesn't mention a 1-year limitation for other models that the lmg applies to.

not sure if it applies to me

The latest map guarantee is available on:

TomTom ONE XL*

* Only if the device came with the 7.xx application and 7.xx maps pre-installed.

Gator.....

The info in this link implies, anyway, that the one xl model may be restricted to age of existing maps. Doesn't mention a 1-year limitation for other models that the lmg applies to.

I backup up my previous device, it will have the laters map, on my work PC
can I not just reload my New(OLD) tomtom with that config?

Maps are locked to a specific device. Can't be shared between units, even 2 of the same model. If indeed your map version is 6.75, then it does appear you are not eligible for the lmg.

I forgot - Latest Map Guarantee was a sales promotion that Tomtom launched in the summer of 2007 when the 700 series maps were launched. I can't believe Amazon sold Jaye944 such an old device.

Jaye944, do you have a product description printout of the tomtom you purchased from Amazon? Hopefully it claims LMG would be offered, so that tomtom phone support will honor it. They may even forget about the restriction, because they may also assume that you couldn't have bought such an old device.

If you can't get LMG, my opinion is you should return it and get an XL-IQ Routes model. The directions the IQroutes engine provides are far superior to the old XL, and in my opinion well worth the added price.

I can't speak to getting the password to work since I don't use it (it's more hassle to me and doesn't prevent thefts), maybe following these directions will help?

dont know if this link will show it

TomTom ONE XL V1 Great Britain Satellite Navigation: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

but it does state LMG

I forgot - Latest Map Guarantee was a sales promotion that Tomtom launched in the summer of 2007 when the 700 series maps were launched. I can't believe Amazon sold Jaye944 such an old device.

Jaye944, do you have a product description printout of the tomtom you purchased from Amazon? Hopefully it claims LMG would be offered, so that tomtom phone support will honor it. They may even forget about the restriction, because they may also assume that you couldn't have bought such an old device.

If you can't get LMG, my opinion is you should return it and get an XL-IQ Routes model. The directions the IQroutes engine provides are far superior to the old XL, and in my opinion well worth the added price.

I can't speak to getting the password to work since I don't use it (it's more hassle to me and doesn't prevent thefts), maybe following these directions will help?

I spoke to OK-GO who sold it off amazon,
guy was very helpfull but not too technically,
wasnt aware that the advert said it said LMG

anyway have decided to ring TT tommorow, after having recipt in hand (so i can fax them)

I'll also bring my TT in

Ask a Question