TomTom OneXL-S auto turn on

TomTom Model(s)
Garmin Nuvi 360
Is there a way for the TomTom One XL-s to turn on when the car turns on, i found the setting to have it turn off when external power is lost but want it to turn back on when the power comes back on.

My nuvi does this by default, but i like the bigger screen and read some good things about tomtom, so am hoping i made a good decision. I want it simple to use.
I just bought it last night so i could be just looking over the settings but i think i've looked pretty good.

Frank

What is your App (NavCore) version and where did you find the option to have your TT1 XL - S turn off when external power is removed. I just purchased a unit this weekend with App version 7.140 and this option does not show up in the menus anywhere and TT tech support says it was removed! Would like to find the App version that can restore it before I decide to take it back (option still exists and works on my TT1 2nd edition with App version 7.161).

What is your App (NavCore) version and where did you find the option to have your TT1 XL - S turn off when external power is removed. I just purchased a unit this weekend with App version 7.140 and this option does not show up in the menus anywhere and TT tech support says it was removed! Would like to find the App version that can restore it before I decide to take it back (option still exists and works on my TT1 2nd edition with App version 7.161).

I did not have the option to auto turn off until i plugged into tomtom home and ran the update, i'm not sure the version it updated to becuase I took it back because of not having the auto on feature. Only having auto off didn't cut it.

Also I was not too impressed with the POI database, it would not tell me where home depot, lowes, wal-mart, or grocery stores are located. I would suggest trying garmin if you want something easy to use it has auto-on and off and a good poi database built in. My wife has the Garmin nuvi 260 it's basic but has all the features i was looking for from the tomtom one xl-s and was $50 cheaper. Sorry for rambling so much but was just very dissapointed after having high expectations after reading reviews and seeing the specs of the tomtom. I would have probably been happy with the unit if i had not used the garmin previously.

Ask a Question