Change Map (US instead of Europe) on Tomtom ONEXL

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom XL IQ routes Edition 340
I bought a Tomtom IQ XL Route Edition in France loaded with Europe maps but I'm travelling to the States in August and plan to do a road trip there. Is there any way I can download US maps and installed them on my tomtom ? when I go to tomtom home and select add maps, nothing is available though ....

Thanks a lot for your help !!

Thomas

You can copy your European map to the computer and use Home to Add Maps and purchase a USA map for your model. Install it and take it to the States.

When you return, just move the USA map folder to the compter and copy back the European map.

I bought a Tomtom IQ XL Route Edition in France loaded with Europe maps but I'm travelling to the States in August and plan to do a road trip there. Is there any way I can download US maps and installed them on my tomtom ? when I go to tomtom home and select add maps, nothing is available though ....

Thanks a lot for your help !!

Thomas

May I add to what dhn has told you:

After you have the map (ether map ) saved to you computer I believe you will have to delete the map on your unit in order to give you room to copy the other map.

Thanks, GarCor.....

When I said copy the map to the computer, I was remiss in forgetting to say to delete the folder on the unit once the copying was done.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes.........:eek:

Ask a Question