New sd card for TomTom OneXL that's been wiped clean.

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom OneXL
Hi, hope someone can give me some advice. I have a TomTom OneXL which is a few years old now but has always worked well until another member of this household tried using the sd card from the device in a digital camera which corrupted the card. There is nothing on the card now and nothing on the device . I'd like to continue using this sat nav so I was considering buying a new sd card with maps for the Republic of Ireland and the UK (which is all I'd ever need anyway). But is that enough, do I need to reinstall some sort of operating system or applications, voices etc to the sat nav in order for it to work. Many thanks for viewing.

Yes, you need both the map and the application on the sd card. A 2 gb sd (NOT sdhc) card is the maximum size that model can use, the faster the speed the better (class 6+).

I don't suppose you ever made a backup of your unit's contents, did you?

Yes, you need both the map and the application on the sd card. A 2 gb sd (NOT sdhc) card is the maximum size that model can use, the faster the speed the better (class 6+).

I don't suppose you ever made a backup of your unit's contents, did you?
No unfortunately we did'nt. Hindsight is a great thing. So it's possible for me to buy an sd card which would contain the maps and apps I need?

Certainly not the application.

I suspect what you need to do is:
1. Obtain a 2 gb sd card formatted as fat 32. Insert into device.
2. Turn on device. Connect to computer.
3. Start Home.
4. You should be advised of an application availability.
5. Download, install, disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.
6. Restart device. You should see 'no maps found'
7. Again connect to Home. Select Purchase Maps and choose desired map.
8. Follow through with appropriate steps.

@Anna
1. Obtain a 2 gb sd card formatted as fat 32. Insert into device.
You do not need a new SD card.
Use the one you have, put it into your computer, open Windows Explorer, right click on the Drive letter for the SD card, click Format, if it does not show FAT 32 in the File system box click the drop down arrow and select FAT 32 (Default). Under Format options uncheck Quick Format, important.
This may take a little longer than expected but don't remove the card until the formatting is completed.
Follow dhn's instructions above.

Ask a Question