TomTom ONE XL Format problem

I formatted my TomTom because I was having issues with it and technical support on their website sent me a page on how to do it. So I properly did it and it gave me this error

"Windows was unable to complete the format"

So now everytime I try to click on the drive it's located in on My Computer, it freezes My Computer up for a while eventually saying that its corrupt and cannot be used. It won't let me format it again though. I don't know why it's giving me this many problems, I called TomTom support and they didn't know how to fix it and I tried looking around this forum some but nothing helped my problem. I've switched USB ports all around my computer and I still get the same problems. I'm using Windows XP. Can anyone help me? Thanks for your time.

Try a Scan Disk of the drive letter associated with the TomTom once thats complete do the Format again only make sure you don't have the "Quick Format" check box selected - Mike

Ask a Question