Cannot Format (attempted format tomtom said to)

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE XL
Ok I was unable to format the disk after 18 hours of time. It got to 100% and then said 172 bad sectors, then asked for a volume label (i pressed enter for none) then it would not format, it stopped and now still no formatted internal memory

TomTom suggested doing this to re-initiliaze the unit btw, after being unable to update the unit. Now I tried later to format it to just using fat and that seemed to work. But then still the drive cannot be written to. No matter what I cannot get a fat32 format

Cen you run a chkdsk X: \f on the unit where X = the drive letter designated by Windows?

i ran a checkdisk yes before i tried to format it it showed no errors, so then i was told to format it, after the 1st attempted format it said I had 172 bad sectors at the 99% point of the format on fat32 , checking it under fat with 16 kb does not show errors

If you're getting bad sectors then your internal memory is wearing out.

From your others posts I see you have a one XL and got things working by using an SD card.

Ask a Question