TOMTOM ONE XL Crashing

my device has difficulty locating a gps signal but when it does finally find a signal my device just freezes. has anyone had this problem,?. if so how can i rectify it.

Welcome to TTF.

Have you tried resetting your device? (holding the power button for about 10 seconds) If that doesn't help, use Explorer to delete everything in the ephem folder on your unit and, as well, go here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\ephemeris\ and delete any folders you see in there.

Now, connect to Home and you should be offered a new gpsquickfix file. See if that helps.

Is your unit still under warranty?

A call to UK support may be in order:
0845 161 0009
Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 18:30 GMT

Try this:

- First, do a backup per this link
- Then open Tomtom HOME, go to Manage my XL, and copy the map from your Tomtom to your computer.
- Then shutdown HOME, and reformat the device (see here)
- Then reopen HOME, go to Update my XL, and keep updating whatever is offerred. Repeat until it doesn't offer anything new to update.
- Finally, in HOME, go to add maps -> Items on computer, and reinstall your copied map

TomTom Home Running on a Mac

Hi,

I see you are having a problem running TTH and using it to manage your device while using a Mac. I have had the same problem and I have had it confirm to me that there is a known problem with TTH running on a Mac.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...roblems-tomtom-home-mac-osx-snow-leopard.html

Another user here is having a problem with TTH and managing their device

https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...dition-keeps-rebooting-after-new-sd-card.html

we all seem to be having a similar issue.

As TomTom admitted it to me in October I would have thought they would have sorted this by now.

Jon.

Ask a Question