TOMTOM One w/V 7.161 won't turn on unless I pull SD Card

TOMTOM One w/V 7.161 won't turn on unless I pull SD Card. Otherwise, it stays inactive. I let the card out and then it turns on immediately. I then reinsert the card for propoer loading. Not sure what the problem is. When I went back to V 7.131 it turns on fine. The only thing that I would say is non-standard about my SD card is that I have the two versions of North America Maps (660, 665) on a 2 GB card. Any thoughts (aside form stay w/7.131)?

Ha ha...I just hooked mine up and got the same update with the same effect. I was coming here for a fix. Looks like I'll have to roll it back again. By the way I only have one map and t was the map that came with the unit so it isn't something with you maps...

I tried the reset but it didn't work...it still won't turn on without pulling the card. How long should I hold in the button? Should I do it with the card in or out?

I tried the reset but it didn't work...it still won't turn on without pulling the card. How long should I hold in the button? Should I do it with the card in or out?

You should have the card in. You need to press and hold the power button. It seems after the update you do have to press it longer than previously.

A re-set should have fixed the power on issue, however you do still need to hold the power button longer.

Jim

Still not working...I have tried holding the reset alone, with the power button depressed, first reset then power...vice versa...still nothing no matter how long I hold the power button. WTF?

Get it going by ejecting and re-inserting the card. Then while it is still running, use the paper clip to reset it. Should be ok after that.

Yeah I tried that...nothing seemed to work except pull the card, reinsert and while it was powering up do a reset (while the bar is moving across the bottom)...then it seems to have taken.

Just to give my experience, when I upgraded my ONE to 7.161 and shut it down it wouldn't turn back on. I had to use the paper clip to soft reset. I had to do that once and it has been turning on fine since.

Perhaps its v4 problem? Anyone with a v2 experience this?

same thing here with my LE , had a sd card installed , looking at the files on the card via my pc noticed that I had a bunch of pic's from my phone on the card and only two files from the TT 1 LE , turned off the LE and I would not turn on untill I pushed the reset. What I imagined happened was that the TT was attempting to boot off the sd card without the needed files.Working fine after reset.

Was on the road when this hapened with no way to get home so, of course, there was a bit of panic. I noticed a smilar earlier thread and should have caught it before I posted. I have never used the paper-clip reset and wasn't even aware there was a place for it. Will give it a try tomorrow.

...would not turn on until I pushed the reset...

I think I have the same issue with my UK TomTom One XL. If I pop out the memory card then pop it back in again then the unit will switch on as normal (albeit with the TomTom drums sound and a longer startup as if the unit thinks it has been updated).

I am using a 2Gb card and have placed both the US and the Europe maps onto that card. However, this issue did not occur after I built the card, it is a new "feature".

I think the quote above is saying that after pushing the reset button, the problem went away so I will try this and report back...

cheers!

avmad

Tomtom update

Same thing here. I take out the card, switch it on and pop in the card.

When using Tomtom home, it is automatically trying to downgrade your device. Mine wanted to go back to 6.52 but as I was not sure why, I stopped it. Now I know why and might even do the roll back.

I read some other people had Bluetooth problems with the v7.161. Guess Tomtom didn't test thoroughly enough, did they?

I didn't see a statement from Tomtom yet but this is clearly a bug (or bugs) in the new version and they are trying to cover it up by sneakily downloading the old version. Like we're stupid...

Last edited:
Guys, you are great. It was so simple I am almost embarrassed. The paper clip reset worked for me. It now turns on and off without the card extraction. I may be incorrect here but on my way home from work I may have even noticed a very quick lock-on to the satellites, and obvious problem with the previous version.

TomTom clear_flash.exe

THIS WAS FOR A TOMTOM ONE V2. version 7.161
I was having the same issues. I see it appears most everyone has this problem sorted out. But here I go anyway...

I contacted TomTom support and they told me to do 3 resets (hold reset button 5-8 sec).

Then download this file,
http://www.tomtom.com/updates/ttgo510-710.clear_flash.exe

Connect TomTom to computer (TomTom Home). Click on the downloaded file and follow the prompts.

Disconnect TomTom and open the satellite screen and push the ?Configure? button. Then leave the TomTom in clear view of the sky (or in a window) for approximately 20 mins.

Issue should be resolved. Mine started right up and was running much faster.

Good Luck

TomTOm Clear Flash.exe

THIS WAS USED ON A TOMTOM ONE V2 version 7.161

I was having the same issues. I see it appears most everyone has this problem sorted out. But here I go anyway...

I contacted TomTom support and they told me to do 3 resets (hold reset button 5-8 sec).

Then download this file,

Connect TomTom to computer (TomTom Home). Click on the downloaded file and follow the prompts.

Disconnect TomTom and open the satellite screen and push the ?Configure? button. Then leave the TomTom in clear view of the sky (or in a window) for approximately 20 mins.

Good Luck

THIS WAS USED ON A TOMTOM ONE V2 version 7.161

Then download this file,

Good Luck

Sorry, I'm not sure why this posted twice?

Ask a Question