TomTom One V2 maps = TeleAtlas or Naveq?

TomTom One V2 maps = TeleAtlas or Navteq?

I'm confused. I'm in Canada (Quebec) and I just bought a TomTom One (I think it's a V2 because it have Bluetooth) at Future Shop store. I have a great deal on it during a blow out sale.

A workmate told me TomTom are dealling with Navteq for maps of Canada since 2006, so I assume I have Navteq into my TomTom and the saleman have not this information when I bought it. But now I read on some website than TomTom use Navteq maps only on some models and I don't found if the TTOne v2 is one of them.

Is there a place I can't see if my TTOne have Navteq maps or not? Actually I found the maps pretty accurates but many people told me TeleAtlas are real junk especially for Quebec mapping.

My father-in-law have a Garmin GPS and I borrow it a few days ago and the maps look very similar to my TomTom. I also notice a mapping error into the Garmin while travelling to my mother's house and I notice the exact same error on my TomTom.

Last edited:
TeleAtlas

I was under the impression that Tom Tom uses TeleAtlas, and they were in a bidding war with Garmin to buy the company. Never heard how it turned out...

If you tap on the lower right screen menu button, then tap the version button (also lower right) you will see a screen with your device info. Tap the copyright button and you will see map providers. My TT has U.S. data by Tele Atlas and Canada data by DMTI Spatial. Hope this helps.:)

If you tap on the lower right screen menu button, then tap the version button (also lower right) you will see a screen with your device info. Tap the copyright button and you will see map providers. My TT has U.S. data by Tele Atlas and Canada data by DMTI Spatial. Hope this helps.:)

Just do it. Same thing for me! Well... Now I'm feeling a little disapointed of my purchase because many peoples told me TeleAtlas are crappier than Navteq for Canada and especially for Quebec.

Anyway, I pay 120$ brand new for it... that's a deal of hell even if it's not the best.

Just do it. Same thing for me! Well... Now I'm feeling a little disapointed of my purchase because many peoples told me TeleAtlas are crappier than Navteq for Canada and especially for Quebec.

Anyway, I pay 120$ brand new for it... that's a deal of hell even if it's not the best.
Yeah but you didn't notice any difference did you? You even said the same error was on both the Garmin (Navteq) and TT (TeleAtlas).

At the time, TomTom did offer the Navteq maps but only for the Rider.

Less than a year ago, TomTom has ended their contract with Navteq and will no longer offer Navteq maps on their units (Rider).

FYI: Nokia has made Navteq an offer they couldn't refuse. If my memory serves me right, Garmin will continue to use Navteq maps for a few more years.

Yeah but you didn't notice any difference did you? You even said the same error was on both the Garmin (Navteq) and TT (TeleAtlas).

Well, I use it only two times since I bought it a month ago...

BTW, I'm going for a trip into Montreal area later in january, so I'll be able to do a real "test drive" of my TTOne there.

Simzz

I am in Gatineau, and have the same device you do. Other than new residential neighborhoods, it has been very good. Even an old dirt road through the mountains is accurate. I am wondering how much of the Navteq vs TeleAtlas is real? I am sure there are some differences, but are they that big?

One case that the TeleAtlas is right over the Naveteq is my parent's address on the east coast. The street is 25 years old. It is a street that starts as one name and becomes another. I bought the old fella a Garmin 330 for his 60th. It doesn't have his street name in it, but the TTone does.

Just my 2.1 cents worth. (Canadian exchange rate)

Ask a Question