TomTom ONE to RSX...

Hey all! New to the TomTom community. I just picked up a ONE unit after this price drop - I couldn't resist. :)

Anyway, I am having a lot of trouble getting this to mount on a place that doesn't obstruct my view or is hard to reach. I drive an Acura RSX, and it is near impossible to mount it on the windshield in a position where you can access it without having to put your chest up to the steering wheel.

I was thinking about somewhere region under the radio and shifter. That is a little tray with a matte finish (so I can't suction it), and a set of cup holders stacked on top of one another. Here are some pics to demonstrate:

00000025f.jpg

iPod_tray.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking the adhesive plate in my little tray and then angling the device from there but I think it'd be a little silly to spend 40 bucks + shipping to get something as trivial as that. Anywhere I can get it cheaper? :)

Last edited:
welcome to the site. Enjoy your ONE. fanchee, another moderator here, was looking into buying a mount that fit inside a cup holder and looks like it would fit the ONE pretty well. I'm sure when it gets daylight over in Texas you'll get a big hello and a pointer if it worked or not...

Thanks!

How do those adhesive disks work? I was thinking that might be the easiest and most space effective way. Is there a place I can buy them without having to buy the whole alternate mount package?

Last edited:
Hi pinchy!

It's daylight in Texas, so here I am. :)

Here's a pic of what I was going to buy, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Do you think this might work for you?

B0002E42FI.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I know the Nuvi comes with an adhesive disk that users claim works very well. Since I'm in a different rental car just about every week, that solution doesn't fit for me.

Let me know what you think of the Belkin cupholder. It's for xm radios but I think with some finagling it could work....

Hey there! Wow, you guys are quick around here.

Hrmm... that may work with some good old fashion finagling. Where'd you find that?

I'm going to swing by Best Buy or some hobby store to see what else I can dig up. :) Be back with an update later. :)

You can find this pretty much anywhere online. It's a Belkin Tunedok for xm radios. Pretty inexpensive, too.

Let us know what you find, I'm always looking for creative ideas for my ONE.

It's $19.88 at Amazon, and I'm a prime member so free 2 day shipping, that price seems reasonable to me. Maybe I'll go ahead and order it and see what I can come up with. I'll keep everyone posted.

It's $19.88 at Amazon, and I'm a prime member so free 2 day shipping, that price seems reasonable to me. Maybe I'll go ahead and order it and see what I can come up with. I'll keep everyone posted.

that's be great. i tried look around today... hobby stores, radio shack, dollar stores, etc. no dice.

Ask a Question