TomTom One Shutdown Problem.

I recently upgraded my navcore on my TomTom One v2 from 8.413 to 9.101, overall I'm pleased, it runs much quicker, however the only problem I have is on the old navcore I had a sound file tha used to say "Beware Of Thieves" when I held the button down to shutdown the unit (suspend.ogg file) it was in the root of the memory card when I used 8.413 navcore, it's in the same location using 9.101 but when the "antitheft" image loads at shutdown the audio file fails to play......Is it in the right location at the root of the memory card ?

Thank's in advance.

Normally the suspend.ogg is in the root, but I've seen instructions at TomTom's site that also specify the correct location as the "sounds" folder of your device, not in the root.

Go figure. Never understood that, but since it's easy, you might try sliding a copy of your suspend.ogg file into "sounds" and see if it starts working again.

There's a whole thread on startup/shutdown images and sounds here where others have run across the same problem, but it's been quite a while:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom...98-unable-use-downloaded-shut-down-image.html

Thanks for the reply, however I have tried the different suggestions in the link post, but It's just the same, one more thing I think the antitheft.bmp or suspend.bmp are linked somehow to the suspend.ogg file as the time frame appears to be the same....The only thing different being I can't hear the sound....Does it need to be in another folder ?
(I have tried it in the sounds folder)

Thank You.

Ask a Question