TomTom ONE on BMW R1200 GS

The forum description only mentions cars, but I think there are quite a few motorcyclists out there who want to add a TomTom to their bike.

Here's mine, a TomTom ONE on my BMW R1200 GS. I used the following parts to get it mounted and working:

- TomTom ONE (duh!)
- RAM mount with attached clamp from MountGuys
- my wife's cell phone charger (for a Motorola RAZR)
- a patch cable from BMW

Attached the clamp to the RAM mount, and then to the screen support bar on my bike. Inserted TT ONE. Then butchered the Motorola charger (opened up the plug and lifted out the guts that step down 12V to 5V). Soldered the BMW patch cable to the 'guts', covered it all up with some shrink tube, and plugged TT in. Done.

Works well, turns off when bike power is off, is just below my line of sight, and I can even hear the directions if I want to (with visor open).

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

I'll trade you my 1994 R1100RSL and Rider 2nd Edition for that sweet looking GS... ;) I'll even let you keep the One, as I've already got one of those...

Ask a Question